drank Butterscotch by Art of Tea

When I opened the sample tin, the aroma was wonderful – sweet like butterscotch. As I steeped the tea, the smell intensified – yummy! I could not wait for the first taste – I love butterscotch! Disappointed – the cup of tea is OK but I do not taste butterscotch; the pepper taste is unusual but no butterscotch. Sweetener should help bring out the butterscotch, right? Nope, I taste a little sweetness but no butterscotch.

Former coffee drinker. Switched to tea as part of my goal to work on living a healthier, more balanced life. Surprised to learn what a passion I have developed for all things tea related.

Steepster has been a big help – I’ve been reading daily to learn as much as I can. Thanks to Steepster reviews, I’ve been able to find good tea quickly – a few misses for me but lots of hits!

At the moment, I enjoy most tea types but I cannot handle jasmine or other florals and I’m not particularly fond of bergamot. Started with flavored teas but moved quickly into high quality blacks, greens, oolongs and pu’ers — drinking hot flavored teas less and less. My cold brews for iced tea usually seem to be a fruity green, white or rooibos but every once in awhile I’ll chill an oolong or pu’er.

Note: In an effort to keep track of all the teas I’ve tried, my cupboard includes any tea I’ve ever owned (including things I’ve sipped down and no longer have in my tea cupboard). In addition, many of the teas listed are unopened waiting to age or work their way into the rotation.

Raleigh, NC