Butterscotch

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Ellyn

• “This one is nagging me! It tastes like something VERY familiar yet I can't place it and no its not butterscotch candies lol - its something else. Aruggggg I will figure it out and update. Well...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes
  • “Backlog: Thank you *Azzrian* for sending me some of this tea. I liked it, but it was still a bit disappointing to me. I didn't taste butterscotch. I tasted white tea, cinnamon and pepper....” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4221 tasting notes
  • “With sugar: Very pale color. I really like the aroma, but the taste isn't quite as compelling. It is nearly all butterscotch; the tea flavor gets a bit lost, though it does poke through. The...” Read full tasting note
    Dr Jim 60 tasting notes
  • “I purchased this tea as part of a holiday sampler from Art of Tea. I LOVE THIS TEA! I will be purchasing more when my sample is gone. The taste is just like the comforting butterscotch candies...” Read full tasting note
    Ellyn 217 tasting notes

From Art of Tea

One of the world’s most beloved confections has found its way into your teacup. Embrace the buttery warmth of this golden hued white tea infusion as it dances on your palette and illuminates your soul.

Water Temperature: 175-185 F degrees
Caffeine Content: Medium
Steep Time: 1-3 minutes
Suggested Serving Size: 1 Tbsp/8oz
Ingredients: Organic White Tea, Organic Cinnamon, Organic Pink Peppercorn, Organic Marigolds, Natural Flavors
Origin: Art of Tea Blend

About Art of Tea View company

Art of Tea is a tea importer and wholesaler based in Los Angeles, California. We hand blend and custom craft the world’s finest organic teas and botanicals. Our teas are carefully selected directly from growers, each one offering a unique story.

This one is nagging me! It tastes like something VERY familiar yet I can’t place it and no its not butterscotch candies lol – its something else.
Aruggggg I will figure it out and update.
Well if you read the notes below the post I think I figured it out.
Regardless this one gets passed on to my sororitea sister LiberTEAS

Ellyn

I LOVE Art of Tea’s Butterscotch. One of my all time favorite.

Azzrian

Your review is why I got it :) I LOVE butterscotch anything – and this is good but I am still freaking out over what the heck this reminds me of!
LOL

Ellyn

Good Luck! Post when/if you figure it out :)

Azzrian

Well I think I know … but Im not positive. There were these candies back in the day lol Im 43 so this was when I was a small kid … they were like cheap lifesavers. They were round, but instead of a hole they had a little dent in the center. I usually ate the cherry flavored ones. Now this does not taste like cherry tea – but the candy itself had this BASE flavor that all of the candies had regardless of if you were eating cherry, or lime, or butterscotch etc….so it is the flavor of the candy base itself I think I am getting here.

Backlog:

Thank you Azzrian for sending me some of this tea.

I liked it, but it was still a bit disappointing to me. I didn’t taste butterscotch. I tasted white tea, cinnamon and pepper. I like cinnamon, pepper, and white tea … so it tasted good. But it didn’t taste like butterscotch, and I really wanted it to. The earthiness of the white tea melded quite nicely with the earthy tones of the spice notes. But there just wasn’t enough butterscotch to this to make me happy.

A tea that is called Butterscotch should taste … well, like butterscotch.

With sugar: Very pale color. I really like the aroma, but the taste isn’t quite as compelling. It is nearly all butterscotch; the tea flavor gets a bit lost, though it does poke through. The flavor is remarkably complex, with hints of pineapple and grapefruit. I’m not sure how much is the tea and how much is flavoring, but the overall result is quite nice.

2nd pot: I usually use sugar in my flavored teas, but on a whim I decided to not use sugar, and was surprised by how much better I liked the tea. It had a lot of nuance that I missed before. The butterscotch flavor was still dominant, especially in the nose, but I really enjoyed the white tea flavors as well. The re-steep was nearly as good. Definitely a keeper

I purchased this tea as part of a holiday sampler from Art of Tea.

I LOVE THIS TEA! I will be purchasing more when my sample is gone. The taste is just like the comforting butterscotch candies my grandpa used to have in his pocket. The mouth feel is a little thick but not syrupy and perfectly matches the flavor. The WHite tea is a subtle compliment to the flavor.

When I opened the sample tin, the aroma was wonderful – sweet like butterscotch. As I steeped the tea, the smell intensified – yummy! I could not wait for the first taste – I love butterscotch! Disappointed – the cup of tea is OK but I do not taste butterscotch; the pepper taste is unusual but no butterscotch. Sweetener should help bring out the butterscotch, right? Nope, I taste a little sweetness but no butterscotch.

TTBC2 #16

I generally prefer my white teas to be fruit flavored rather than dessert-candy-creamy flavored, but this blend is pulled off real nicely.

I have noticed that if I like the look of a blend’s dry leaf, I usually like the steep it makes. So was with this one. Adorable little peppercorns among beautiful, intact white tea leaves. And gorgeous-smelling. Just like butterscotch. And I am not even a great fan of buttercotch, but this tea smelled heavenly.

It turned out to be delicious as well. Strong buttescotch, caramel and cream notes that nevertheless did not overwhelm the delicate nature of white tea. What’s not to love? A very well done dessert white blend!