These comments refer to the 2006 Haiwan Ripe Tuo:

I enjoy tuo chas for the convenience factor and sometimes I use them to introduce someone to “real” pu’er (as opposed to the flavored loose pu’er sold by many companies). They are a bit of a novelty and most people new to pu’er enjoy them. This particular Haiwan tuo is a very satisfying traditional style ripe Pu’er with a robust, soothing flavor – thick, earthy and nutty. While I definitely prefer breaking off a chunk of a high quality aged cake, all in all this is a smooth and powerful shu which is also quite delicate. It’s good enough that I’ll probably reorder and try to keep it on hand.

Boiling

Reformed coffee drinker. Switched to tea as part of my goal to work on living a healthier, more balanced life — haven’t looked back since. Surprised to learn what a passion I have developed for all things tea related.

I enjoy most tea types but I cannot handle jasmine or other florals and I’m not particularly fond of bergamot. Started with flavored teas but moved quickly into unflavored blacks and puerhs. Now most of my purchases are puerh cakes for aging. My cold brews for iced tea tend to be a fruity green, white or rooibos but every once in awhile I’ll chill an oolong or puerh.

Note: In an effort to keep track of all the teas I’ve tried, my cupboard includes any tea I’ve ever owned (including things I’ve sipped down or given away and no longer have in my tea cupboard). In addition, many of the teas listed are unopened waiting to age or work their way into the rotation.

North Carolina