drank Russian Caravan by Capital Teas

Today I discovered that I enjoy Russian Caravan tea – at least this particular Russian Caravan. The story of Russian Caravan tea has always intrigued me – Silk Road, camel caravans, Trans-Siberian tea trade, etc. However, I wasn’t too sure about charcoal-smoked tea itself. The traveling teabox gave me an opportunity to experiment. Because this is a blend of Keemun (which I enjoy) and Lapsang Souchong the result is quite appealing to me. Unlike others who want the smoky flavor to be stronger, the lighter smokiness is just right for my taste. I just might have to keep this one.

Reformed coffee drinker. Switched to tea as part of my goal to work on living a healthier, more balanced life — haven’t looked back since. Surprised to learn what a passion I have developed for all things tea related.

I enjoy most tea types but I cannot handle jasmine or other florals and I’m not particularly fond of bergamot. Started with flavored teas but moved quickly into unflavored blacks and puerhs. Now most of my purchases are puerh cakes for aging. My cold brews for iced tea tend to be a fruity green, white or rooibos but every once in awhile I’ll chill an oolong or puerh.

Note: In an effort to keep track of all the teas I’ve tried, my cupboard includes any tea I’ve ever owned (including things I’ve sipped down or given away and no longer have in my tea cupboard). In addition, many of the teas listed are unopened waiting to age or work their way into the rotation.

North Carolina