I’ve been enjoying two Verdant blends this weekend – Sweet Cinnamon Pu’er and Chocolate Chamomile Curiosity Brew. Both have provided very enjoyable tea sessions. However, I should mention that in each case I’ve added a little more base tea to the blend. I followed the Verdant guidelines for this blend but I added more Laoshan Black and for me this produced a much better cup of tea. I resteeped twice but I would not want to try for a third resteep. I’ve already added this blend to my reorder list.

For me, tea is magical with its ability to transform by bringing one back to center and inspiring both peace and contentment.

Reformed coffee drinker. Switched to tea as part of my goal to work on living a healthier, more balanced life — haven’t looked back since. I enjoy most tea types but I cannot handle jasmine or other florals and I’m not particularly fond of bergamot. Moved quickly into unflavored blacks and puerhs and seldom drink anything else. Now most of my purchases are puerh cakes for aging.

I no longer assign numerical ratings to teas because our enjoyment of tea is very subjective. Reactions to a particular tea vary from person to person and within the same person across different tasting sessions. My tea notes are now simply comments reflecting my impression at that specific point in time. They are useful to me and if they happen to be helpful to someone else that is good.

North Carolina