Very enjoyable to drink. Smooth, silky, sweet and rich; pleasant in the mouth and throat.
Two quick rinses; then left it for 20m to open up. The first steep produced a clean mahogany colored tea soup; pleasantly appealing woody smell mixed with the aroma of fresh leather. First sip was welcoming and pleasant – no bitterness at all with accompanying tobacco undertone. Later steeps became full and smooth with subtle cacao tones and sweet aftertaste. Took it through nine steeps and I could probably get another one or two but I’m ready to move on to something else.

Boiling 7 g 4 OZ / 130 ML

Reformed coffee drinker. Switched to tea as part of my goal to work on living a healthier, more balanced life — haven’t looked back since. Surprised to learn what a passion I have developed for all things tea related.

I enjoy most tea types but I cannot handle jasmine or other florals and I’m not particularly fond of bergamot. Started with flavored teas but moved quickly into unflavored blacks and puerhs. Now most of my purchases are puerh cakes for aging. My cold brews for iced tea tend to be a fruity green, white or rooibos but every once in awhile I’ll chill an oolong or puerh.

Note: In an effort to keep track of all the teas I’ve tried, my cupboard includes any tea I’ve ever owned (including things I’ve sipped down or given away and no longer have in my tea cupboard). In addition, many of the teas listed are unopened waiting to age or work their way into the rotation.

North Carolina