drank Brilliant Breakfast by Dilmah

This is not your average breakfast “blend”….this is straight ceylon. I don’t like teas with high astringency, so I was a bit hesitant is choosing this from my cupboard for my morning cup of caffeinated tea…but once I added my milk and sugar I was smiling! This ceylon has a full bodied brightness to it that stood up to my milk and honey just fine… it’s not a tea for a blustery winter morning, but for a chilly spring morning it would be perfect…robust but bright. Try this and surprise yourself. I did!

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Spot or pot, I love a cup!

I learned to drink tea while living in Dublin in the early 80’s, so as you can imagine, I am a hearty brew lover, and take tea with milk and honey. I am trying to expand my horizons with tea….that is why I’m now on Steepster! Just joined in January 2014…

Currently loving strong black teas that hold up to milk and honey well. Since I’ve joined, I have a new found curiosity for keemuns and yunnans. Trying green teas….trying. Herbal? No thanks…they still taste like vase water to me. Maybe that will change one day!

I do like some naturally flavoured teas…almond, vanilla, cardamom, ginger. But mostly I’m an unflavoured tea drinker.

My husband is British and a man whose religion is Tetley, so we’ll see where I drag him on this journey!

San diego