This was my birthday tea, made possible by the lovely and talented Lily Duckler. Thank you so much, Lily! This tea does not disappoint. I am a big fan of the early spring tieguanyin and I was interested to compare that with ‘Top Grade’ tieguanyin. I was so happy to have the opportunity!

The top grade smells a little different: more mild. After the rinse it smells amazing. Visually it has less stems and is a little more uniform. The taste has similar notes, of course, but this one is a lot more floral. I was getting lilac in addition to the springtime daffodil taste that the regular tieguanyin has.

I am treasuring this tea. It is only for special occasions — like my birthday and my 111th tasting note! Thanks again, Lily. You and Verdant continue to amaze!

Bonnie

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Stephanie

Happy birthday! That tea sounds amazing…lilacs! :D

High Adventure

Thank you! So delicious. :D I highly recommend.

Lily Duckler

Oh- I’m so glad to hear you are enjoying!! Thank you for your kind words, but I can’t take any credit. I pass it all along to Master Zhang. Happy Birthday :D

Michelle Butler Hallett

Happy belated!

Verdant are amazing me. I thought I’d tried it all. HA! I haven’t even tried rating Verdant teas, because they’re in a whole other class from anything else I’ve drunk, and I am now quite spoiled.

Comments

Bonnie

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Stephanie

Happy birthday! That tea sounds amazing…lilacs! :D

High Adventure

Thank you! So delicious. :D I highly recommend.

Lily Duckler

Michelle Butler Hallett

Happy belated!

I’m a lady who loves tea and writing online reviews. I feel like Steepster was made for me, I’m just late to the party.

I teach young kids with special needs, which I love to do. Tea keeps me happy, energized, and sane!

The Bay