drank Wuyi Oolong by Rishi Tea

The first steep of this tea (at 3:30 mins) was strongly bakey with a distinct roasted-grains flavour more like what I’d expect from a dark Formosa oolong. This was noticably toned down in the second steeping (at 4:45 mins) though the flavour overall remained full and strong. I also picked up some vegetal notes now that the roasted flavour wasn’t as overwhelming and there’s a hint of sweet at the end of each sip, though it’s not what I’d consider to be ‘raisin sugar’. A pretty decent dark oolong over all.

185 °F / 85 °C