drank Alpine Punch by DAVIDsTEA

my review of this tea is two pronged, personal and professional.

1) personally, i tend to be very picky when it comes to rooiboos. the smell from this herbal was great, but it didn’t follow through on taste for me. this struck me as odd because coconut tends to be such a robust flavour like in david’s teas coco lemon thai…. however, not in this case.

i will add another piece of relevant information at this point. my bag of alpine punch was a sample sent from montreal. this is where the professional aspect of my review kicks in.

2) the description of this tea on steepster is at odds with the packaging from head office. the list of ingredients on my bag of tea reads as such: rooiboos, COCONUT CHIPS (COCONUT, COCONUT FAT, SUGAR)apple, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, black pepper, rose blossoms, almonds, ARTIFICIAL FLAVOURING.

i like david’s teas. they’re canadian and they come up with very creative blends, regardless of whether they’re to my taste. however, due diligence in terms of ingredients listing is VERY IMPORTANT. i have come to understand that david’s teas is one of canada’s fastest growing companies which means that diligence across the board (ingredients especially!!!) becomes even more important.

david’s teas has formulated some of my favourite teas, but in my opinion this was a very big ball to drop.