Backlog:

I brewed some of this last night, and it is delightful. I drank about half the pot hot, and then allowed the rest to chill for iced tea, and it is even better iced than it is hot. I think it needs just a little sweetener when it’s served iced, because it helps the flavors pop a little, but it’s well worth that little bit of sugar (I used coconut sugar, I love how quickly it dissolves in cold liquid, and even though I love coconut and wouldn’t mind at all if it did impart a coconut flavor to the tea, it didn’t. Just sweetness).

The sencha is sweet and fresh tasting without tasting overly vegetal or grassy… there are mere hints of it in the background, very slight. The mango is sweet and lush and delicious without being too nectar-like which would throw off the delicateness of this tea. The pineapple is not really so much an obvious pineapple flavor as it serves as a highlight of the mango notes. That is to say, I taste the pineapple, and it tastes like pineapple, but, it isn’t a strong, obvious pineapple flavor – more like an additional tropical note to enhance the overall tropical-ness of the cup. I like this one very much.

I am obsessed with tea!