Thanks to Azzrian for sending me a bit of this tea – it’s yummy! I’ve had a few different root beer float teas/tisanes, and some were better than others … this is good, but not the best that I’ve had.

I feel like it misses the mark slightly. The root beer part is definitely there … and I’ve got to say it’s a little weird drinking hot root beer! But, I am not getting a creamy “float” part so much. There’s a hint of vanilla in there, but, it’s just not creamy enough, nor is it sweet enough for me to say that this is definitely root beer float. Had I tasted it “blindly” (without brewing it myself so I knew what I was brewing), I would have probably guessed root beer because that’s there, but, I don’t think I would have guessed root beer FLOAT.

I find myself wishing there was some sarsaparilla and some anise (and maybe a touch of wintergreen) in this, too. I think it would make this a better root beer.

By the way, the best root beer I’ve ever had (not root beer tea, but the soda), is this one: http://hungryinportland.com/2012/07/07/root-beer-from-maine-root/

Amariel

Did you try it iced, as a latte?

LiberTEAS

No. The float should be in the flavor, not something that I add to it by making it a latte, in my opinion.

TheTeaFairy

Frankly, I don’t know how to handle that one…there’s definitely something creamy missing to make it good, but the milk doesn’t do it either…and as you point out, if FLOAT is in he name, it shouldn’t require any addition!

LiberTEAS

Yes, this tea does have the potential to be great, but, it really needs to enhance the float part … or just call itself root beer.

Nik

I love the Maine Root brand! I’m not sure I’ve had their root beer, yet. (Virgil’s is my favourite, so far.) Their lemon-lime soda reminds me of Limca, the lemon-lime soda we have in India, which I like better than Sprite. They’re one of those companies whose products I’d buy blindly, because I trust it’ll be good. Sadly, that backfired recently. They make a Pumpkin Pie soda. When I saw it in the supermarket, I thought ooooh, maybe it’ll taste like the pumpkin fizz I had at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, and bought some. Unfortunately, it’s pretty bad. =( It tastes soapy and nothing like my beloved pumpkin fizz. Oh, well.

LiberTEAS

OK well, that makes me NOT want to try that pumpkin pie soda, to get it here, I’d have to order a full pack of it (not just one bottle) so I don’t want to order a whole pack of it only to not like it.

Nik

Yep, I also got a four-pack from the supermarket. I drank the first bottle and didn’t like it. I drank another bottle thinking that maybe my taste buds were all wonky the first time, and still didn’t like it. The other two bottles are in the fridge. I’m planning on experimenting with them. :D

LiberTEAS

Yeah, hopefully you can do something with them. I did want to try the pumpkin pie soda before reading this, it just sounded so intriguing, and given how well they do the root beer, I thought that the pumpkin pie soda should be amazing, but, I don’t want to get a full pack only to find that it’s not to my liking. If I were able to get a solo bottle, then that’s another thing … but as they aren’t local, I can’t pick one up in one of the upscale type markets either. ah…well!

Nik

I dunno, LiberTEAS, it did win an award at some expo or something…maybe it’s just me. If I knew how to package the bottle so it doesn’t break in transit, I’d be happy to send you one.

Comments

Amariel

Did you try it iced, as a latte?

TheTeaFairy