Backlog:

Trying to get caught up again … it’s been a while since I’ve worked on my backlogs and the teas keep piling up! Ack!

This is a very finely chopped CTC from Upton. My tip for smaller cut tea like this one is to brew it for a shorter time. If you’d normally brew a black Ceylon for 2 1/2 minutes, go for just 2 minutes with a CTC like this.

This is a delightfully malty tea: rich and surprisingly hearty for a Ceylon. It is very reminiscent of an Assam. I wrote that this is like a Ceylon in Assam’s clothing, and I think that had I tasted this blindly, I would have thought it was an Assam rather than a Ceylon.

After a few sips, more Ceylon-esque qualities emerge, this is definitely more even tempered than an Assam, and it has that classic citrus-y finish. Woody and earthy … this has a very complex character. A really nice tea.