drank Assam by English Tea Store

Backlog:

A very finely chopped CTC. But that’s OK because as long as the tea is fresh, I find that the finely chopped Assam teas tend to be very robust, and that’s just what you want from an Assam. Just don’t oversteep it!

And this is a very hearty Assam. Lots of gusto, a strong, malty, rich flavorful Assam. Would be perfect as that first cup of the day. Nice caramel-y undertones. Good with milk and honey, or my recommendation would be to put a cinnamon stick in your teacup when you pour this tea into it. It won’t add a huge cinnamon taste, but just a hint of it … and it would be a really enjoyable, zesty contrast to the richness of this tea.