Next time I steep this, I shall have to remember to reduce the steep time, as the Assam in this does have a bitter bite to it. The fig is very dominant in the dry leaf aroma, but less apparent in the taste. Sure, the taste is there, but, just not as strong as the fragrance would lead one to believe. That could be due in part to the fact that the Assam has such a strong presence.

Before I rate this, I think I will wait until I steep it again. Perhaps I’ll have better luck with it with a shorter brew time.

LiberTEAS

As this cools, the bitterness of the Assam subsides, and the flavors begin to reveal themselves. I am going to try this again in a bit, to see if a shorter brew time produces better results.

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

I have this one as well and have enjoyed it.

Comments

LiberTEAS

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

I have this one as well and have enjoyed it.

I am obsessed with tea!