drank Peach Cardamom by 52teas

From the LiberTEAS sampler I bought a while back

Dry, this tea is delightful – it smells gently peachy with a grassy undertone that I really found appealing.

I steeped it at 1.5tsp for my 12oz mug (since I think the form is still rounding tea amounts down) at about 180 (I had to guess since my kettle has a 175 and an 185 setting); post-steep the tea itself had opened up nicely and gave off a mouthwatering peach aroma.

I can be hit-or-miss with peach – if it’s artificial and badly done it’s a total turn off – but this smells like the ripe peaches we used to make cobbler out of. Even unsweetened I couldn’t wait to taste this one. :D

One drink in and, oddly enough, the peach flavour doesn’t rush to the forefront on this one – it primarily tastes like a quality green tea with some VERY subtle peach/fruity notes. I’m actually a little disappointed since I was hoping for a very peachy tea…and I’m actually not getting much of the cardamom, either.

So had I not known what I was drinking I would’ve been quite pleased, but as a peach/cardamom tea I feel like this one is slightly off-mark. It smells amazing and tastes quite good, but I’m not sure I’d buy this one for myself.

Overstressed college senior…tea is what gets me moving in the mornings, calms me down at night and fills all the moments in-between.

I’m still in the everything is delicious and I want to drink it all phase of my exploration, so I’m open to swaps, TTBs and trying new things.

My cupboard is things I have and am willing to swap (either I didn’t like them that much or I have a lot of them) and my wishlist is mostly things I’ve tasted and want to buy or swap for in the future.

Indianapolis IN