I got this as a sample from Stacey with one of my recent Butiki orders. Thank you for allowing me to try this!

I brewed this per the instructions and it just didn’t seem to be for me. I have had some straight assam’s before and nothing has ever been so bitter for me. This just hit my mouth wrong. I wish I had more to experiment with to see if it was just me rushing through the preparation. The tasting notes online sounded really intriguing.

Butiki Teas

Hmmm, this one should be astringency & bitterness free.

Comments

Butiki Teas

Hmmm, this one should be astringency & bitterness free.

I started drinking tea while on a 4 month long cycling trip through South America. It seemed to always be a great way to warm up when I was cold and it was always available everywhere. Mate was the big tea of choice down there and it was also a great way to get to know people. When I returned home, my sister introduced me to Teavana and this launched me into the realm of loose leaf tea. I am still new to this wonderful world, but so far I am loving it.

I am open to swapping. If you see something in my cupboard just message me and we can try to work something out!

Rating:
90-100 – love, love, love must have around always or as much as possible
80 – 90 – Like, could restock
70 – 80 – If some happened into my cupboard I would drink it but will probably never seek it out.
60 – 70 – Meh, will finish the sample but don’t need to drink this again.
Below 60 – Nope not for me.

Kansas City, MO