drank Cantaloupe Bai Mu Dan by 52teas

Okay, first impressions: The dry tea definitely smells like cantaloupe, but the smell is a bit off somehow. I presume that it’s the difference between fresh and dried cantaloupe. Steeping it in my usual imperfect office situation leaves me a little leery but I didn’t have time for a tea this morning and I need something – Figured I’d go for another of my new 52Teas. After my issue with the Peach Cobbler last night, I’m looking for another solid tea.

It’s steeping up a pale yellow liquor, as whites are wont to do. I always have an issue in believing that the tea is properly steeped when the liquor is so pale. Honestly, the little weirdness in the smell is making me nervous. Sort of like cantaloupe that needs to riped some more, when you eat it under-ripe and too close to the peel.

Luckily, the taste is actually quite nice. if I can get over my weird smell aversion, this will be a lovely refreshing cantaloupe cuppa to enjoy occasionally. Certainly not an every day tea, but good for occasions. Would probably be delicious iced. And maybe with some liquor and/or fresh cantaloupe in it.

Poor cup – after my first few sips I forgot to take the leaves out and over steeped it. Still nice enough, luckily.

190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more

41 – 60: Not likely to keep drinking…hoping hubby will enjoy!
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada