drank Pot O' Gold by 52teas

Top o’ the mornin’ to ya!

Looking forward to having tea again after not having it for a week! My allergies were so bad (because I couldn’t take any medication for 7 days leading up to the allergist appointment), that I couldn’t justify having tea – I mean, I couldn’t even taste it!

The Pot O’ Gold dry tea leaves are long and wiry with yellow marigold petals that waft butterscotch goodness. Brewed 3 tsp of leaf with 14 oz of near boiling water. The result is a little less butterscotchy. The base comes through nicely – it’s very smooth without sweetener. I enjoyed the next cup with rock sugar and found the butterscotch flavoring to be enhanced.

I like that this can be drunk with or without sweetener and, to me at least, it tastes like two different teas. Oh, and this is lovely with an apple pastry! :)

Bonnie

I was sick too so I’m glad you’re better and back!

Comments

Bonnie

I was sick too so I’m glad you’re better and back!

I’m a native Midwesterner (Iowa, specifically) who was happily uprooted to California twice. SoCal is what I consider home, even though I currently don’t live there. I hope to return home again!

Tea has really come to fill the void of my current displacement. My husband & I (with our two tiny weenies) moved to Indiana hardly knowing a soul. It’s been a tougher transition for me than I’d thought it would be. I have amassed a cupboard of teas to keep me company until I feel more familiar in my newer surroundings.

I will refrain from giving numerical values to teas because I am a faddist. My likes and dislikes are constantly changing. Flavored blacks are what I gravitate to the most. Having said that, I do enjoy a wide variety of teas – you name it, I’ll try it. I may not like it today, but I might revisit it later and love it.

Flavor note: I prefer my teas to be bold in flavor. I am starting to come around to drinking tea without additives. But I do like to dirty my tea with rock sugar/simple syrup and sometimes with half-n-half/milk. Unflavored greens are unsweetened, but flavored greens I usually add rock sugar. Lately I have been favoring flavored guayusa and matés.

Indianapolis