This tea has piqued my interest for awhile and I’m finally getting around to trying the sample that came in one of the sampler packs I bought from DT awhile ago.

Both cups were steeped for 4 minutes.

The first cup I tried with a little rock sugar. There’s definitely chocolate and mint in here with a touch of peppery spice at the end of the sip. It wasn’t overpowering like other teas have been, but I could probably do without the pepperiness so I tried it again as a latte.

The half and half I used to make the latte helped drown out the pepper, so that was a step in the right direction.

Quite honestly chocolate is not something I’m usually drawn to in general, but this had a nice balance of chocolate and mint. Probably not something I’ll end up buying 50 grams of, but if it came in another sampler pack, I’d be alright with it.

I’m a native Midwesterner (Iowa, specifically) who was happily uprooted to California twice. SoCal is what I consider home, even though I currently don’t live there. I hope to return home again!

Tea has really come to fill the void of my current displacement. My husband & I (with our two tiny weenies) moved to Indiana hardly knowing a soul. It’s been a tougher transition for me than I’d thought it would be. I have amassed a cupboard of teas to keep me company until I feel more familiar in my newer surroundings.

I will refrain from giving numerical values to teas because I am a faddist. My likes and dislikes are constantly changing. Flavored blacks are what I gravitate to the most. Having said that, I do enjoy a wide variety of teas – you name it, I’ll try it. I may not like it today, but I might revisit it later and love it.

Flavor note: I prefer my teas to be bold in flavor. I am starting to come around to drinking tea without additives. But I do like to dirty my tea with rock sugar/simple syrup and sometimes with half-n-half/milk. Unflavored greens are unsweetened, but flavored greens I usually add rock sugar. Lately I have been favoring flavored guayusa and matés.