drank Passion by Tazo

Let’s start with the name. I’m a sucker for evocative names, and how can you argue with Passion? Who doesn’t want to feel that? It would be a real bummer to hate something with this name.

Second, the look and smell of the “full leaf” sachet bags is quite pretty. And the color of the brewed tisane is pretty amazing. Deep reddish purple, very wine-like.

But rose hips and hibiscus. I was afraid, I was very afraid. Because they can really ruin things for me, but somehow they worked in this.

I’m sure I have had passion fruit or at least its juice, but I can’t as I sit here remember what it tastes like. I made this with two bags in about 14-16 oz of water and unsweetened, the dominant taste in the infusion was of unsweetened black cherry juice. A surprising discovery as there is nothing cherry or even berry listed among the ingredients, but a pleasing one.

I decided to sweeten it up a bit to see what difference that made. OMG — grape juice! Seriously, it’s just like warmed grape juice, with a slight raisiny note.

Its shapeshifter qualities make this drink quite interesting, and while it’s not something I would make a daily habit of drinking, it’s unique enough to earn a place in my cabinet, at least when the cabinet isn’t full to bursting with things I like better.

AmazonV

it makes great iced tea

Comments

AmazonV

it makes great iced tea

95-100 A once in a lifetime experience; the best there is

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; will likely buy more

70-79 Very good; would enjoy again, might buy again

60-69 Good; wouldn’t pass up if offered, but likely won’t buy again

Below 60 Meh, so-so, iffy, or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California