drank Green Pekoe by Adagio Teas

The last to taste of the Green Savant sampler set.

This one has a sweet, grassy, really more grain like (hay? wheat?) smell in the sample tin. The leaves are long and wavy and a bit twiggy. Not delicate twiggy, big twiggy. Despite the description, they don’t look at all black to me dry. They look greenish silver, sort of like white peony but perhaps less grey.

I’m not going by the Adagio suggestions, I’m doing what I always do for green tea instead. 1:30 at 175F.

Pale yellow, slightly greenish liquor. Looks like a sencha liquor. Its smell isn’t very strong and I was remarking about this to the 6 year old, who asked to take a sniff and said “well, it kinda smells like a plant.”

It’s not an extremely flavorful tea at first blush. It’s mild with a slightly soft mouthfeel. As I sip it more, I find that it does have some flavor, but it seems fairly ordinary. A rather standard, ok, green tea without a lot to distinguish it. It’s not really vegetal, it’s not really grassy, it’s not particularly floral, I’m not getting buttery.

I could ask the 6 year old and I’m guessing the answer would be “well, it kinda tastes like a plant.”

ashmanra

Gotta love the honesty of kids! They can really hit the nail on the head.

Comments

ashmanra

Gotta love the honesty of kids! They can really hit the nail on the head.

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California