drank Lotus by Tazo

I haven’t had this in a while, and as I’m trying to pare down the last remaining starter teabags in the collection I decided to revisit this one tonight. And I’m bumping it up slightly.

It’s a very gentle tasting tea that definitely tastes like tea and doesn’t taste like a decaf. The “lotus” aspect is gentle as well, a very unimposing floral that doesn’t even really seem like floral so much as just an interesting taste to a mild tea base. The tea is interesting in that it isn’t readily identifiable as a green tea to me. Some white teas I’ve had have a note in them that seems almost like black tea flavor, and that’s what I get in this one as well.

It’s an unassuming tea, and its vagueness makes it quite soothing as there are no sharp edges or wrong steps to stick out and grab attention.

Its ability to blend into the scenery makes it a good thing to sip while I plow through The Pillars of the Earth. I can drink it without it making me stop and lose my suspension of disbelief. This isn’t the sort of thing I normally read, as I’m pretty snobbish about what I spend my scarce reading time on, but I got sucked into the miniseries and want to find out how the story unfolds without having to wait six more weeks to find out. It’s also a nice little candy break from War and Peace which I’ve discovered really isn’t the sort of thing that can be read on a stationary bike.

Peggie Bennett

One of my all time favorite bagged teas. Lotus, yum.

Comments

Peggie Bennett

One of my all time favorite bagged teas. Lotus, yum.

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California