You guys, I love sales. I got this on sale for a dollar an ounce during Teavana’s Heavenly Sale. You guys, cough syrup. That’s what I don’t love, especially in my freaking tea! This is so gross. I guess I know now why this was on sale.

Yvonne

In this case I’m glad I didn’t cave and buy this one! Sorry to hear it’s awful – I find Teavana hit and miss myself.

AlexaK.

Yay for your willpower! I have none, haha! So I ended up with this that I’ll try to mix with something to make more palatable, I suppose.

jeweledthumb

I bought this one too, now I’m a bit worried to drink it! Maybe try it iced?

Yvonne

I did buy another though that tasted like cough syrup as well – Raspberry Luau. So I wouldn’t say my willpower is anything to be proud of, haha :P I do plan to try it iced though!

AlexaK.

What did you do with Raspberry Luau?

I think I will try it iced, thanks for the suggestion!

Yvonne

Brewed it hot, added a little sweetener. Took one sip, bitter as all heck, so it went down the drain. But I tried, I really did. Now that I have some ice cubes in the freezer I can try it iced…just gotta do it on a day where I feel courageous :P

AlexaK.

Right? It’ll probably be a while though. I’m also not likely going to reach for it with all the snow we have on the ground. I’d rather be warm!

Yvonne

No kidding, right? Where I live it’s been absolutely brutally cold….feels like reaching for something iced would be the very last thing I’d do! Lol :)

Comments

Yvonne

jeweledthumb

I bought this one too, now I’m a bit worried to drink it! Maybe try it iced?

AlexaK.

What did you do with Raspberry Luau?

I think I will try it iced, thanks for the suggestion!

Yvonne

Hi! I am a 23 year old Special Education major working two jobs, one that pays the bills and one (at a winery!) that funds my wine and tea obsessions. I’m a super huge nerd. My dad cut my teeth on comics, Star Wars and Studio Ghibli and my brother introduced me to indie music and Game of Thrones (books and show.) My husband took over from there with LotR and Firefly and we’ve since discovered Terra Nova, Star Trek: TNG, and pretty much everything good Netflix has to offer!
I’m still pretty new to tea, adding too much sugar, I’m sure. I just recently tried loose leaf at home for the first time. I was always rather intimidated by it and since trying it, I don’t know why. It’s really pretty simple! Being new, all I have is Teavana (a store opened up in a local mall) and only 2 types from there. I would really like to expand my tastes. I don’t like florality in my wine and I don’t care for it in my tea either. Pretty much any thing else is fair game. I’ve lurked here for a little while and I’m really excited to be a part of what seems to be a very open and welcoming community. Hoping to get to know you better! Cheers!

Southern Indiana