Chocolate and bananas isn’t high on my list of flavor combinations I lean toward when purchasing tea. In fact, anything involving chocolate is probably toward the bottom of the list, along with teas that have strong spices in them. I decided to try this sample because it was the only one of 3 I received that didn’t have spices in it.

But, I digress…

The aroma of the dry leaves was promising, the banana note was definitely present. However, the minute the little biodegradable filter hit the hot water I could tell this was going to be a no-go. After allowing the leaves to steep for 6 minutes in boiling water, I removed the filter and reluctantly took a small sip. I salvaged my cuppa by adding a touch of creamer and a bit of coconut sugar. That helped to mellow the overwhelming taste of chocolate and make it a lot more palatable.

I probably would’ve enjoyed this a bit more had the banana been more present. Imagine a slice of banana cream pie made with unripe bananas and completely covered with chocolate sauce. That’s what this tastes like to me.

I’m a 30-something Texan and wannabe globetrotter. I love iced tea.

Preferred types:

• goji berries
• sea buckthorn
• cantaloupe/rock melon
• honeydew melon
• berries (particularly strawberry, raspberry and blueberry)
• mango

Ingredients/Flavors I do not like:
• cherry (on its own)
• watermelon
• carrot
• warming spices (cinnamon, clove, chai, nutmeg, etc.)
• mint (peppermint, spearmint, etc.)
• most florals (chamomile, rose petals, lavender, etc.)
• eucalyptus