drank Pom Power by DAVIDsTEA

My pomegranate tree is exploding with lots of pomegranates, but still not ready yet! With that said, I kept thinking about this tea. Oddly, I didn’t review it yet, so here it is!

DRY: Sweet tart fruit snack smell. I gotta say this is up there on weird teas – it’s chunky, sticky and clumpy. I think I got scared when I bought this at DT and saw the sales gal scoop it. It’s got that appearance of hot rice crispy treats being spooned out of the cooking pot… but not stringy. I’m a little worried with the shelf life of this tea with it being sticky.
I tasted one of the pomegranate bits and it was tasty!

STEEPED: Pink colour – tart smell, like cranberry.

TASTE: Slight tartness comes out with a hit of fruity – a little pomegranate but could be mistaken for a light cranberry from the tartness. Sweetened with rock sugar, the fruityness is brighter and more pomegranate and less tart.

WHO’D LIKE THIS TEA: Fruity tea drinkers

COMMENTS: I’m happy that this tea has a good level of tart – it’s not overpowering and seems more natural to pomegranate. Overall, not bad but not blowing my mind – this might be good cold steeped though. I feel that I should kill off this tea before the stickyness mutates into something horrible.