I won a Facebook contest with Della Terra Teas, winning a couple sample sizes of their teas. I chose this one, Dubbele Chocolade (DBC) because I love my chocolate teas and often feel a tea could use MORE CHOCOLATE!

DRY: Woodsy dark chocolate smell, yum!

STEEPED: bright tangy dark chocolate. Steeps up to a dark brown tea.

TASTE: Deep earthy, woodsy and smokey black tea base with strong dark chocolate taste. DBC’s chocolate flavor is similar to having 70% + chocolate bar as it is not very sweet of a tea on its own. No bitterness.
Adding rock sugar turned DBC turned the chocolate less strong and a more smooth chocolate taste.

WHO’D LOVE THIS TEA: Chocolate lovers and black tea drinkers. Coffee drinkers (come on, tea is better!).

COMMENTS: I don’t think there is way to pack more chocolate taste into this tea. DBC is very strong and packs a big chocolate punch – thus why I think a coffee drinker would enjoy this tea.
I don’t like adding sweetner/milk to my tea, but DBC was very good sweetened.

I’m thinking of cold steeping this bad boy into an iced chocolate tea drink, ohyeah! This tea would also make a killer latte! I must get some soy creamer! MUHAHAHHAAAA!

Overall, pretty good. I have one other sample to try of Della Terra Teas (a rooibos, gasp!). I really want in on the “Smore” tea they just released, I could see DBC being a precursor tea.