drank Sencha "Matsuri" by Lupicia

Let me preface this note by saying that my experience is probably just a matter of personal preference, so I’m not rating this tea. I love some green teas, but they tend to be mild and sweet varieties, with delicate vegetal and/or floral notes. The stronger a green becomes, the less likely I am to love it.

I wanted to like this tea. There was a strong green-bean aroma in the dry leaf and the broth was very green, thick, and salty, like soup. Unfortunately, with each sip it took on a bitterness that crept in incrementally until its presence was overpowering. I actually had to spit out the last sip I took because I thought about it too hard and the bitter notes in the cooling tea activated a gag reflex (I’m sure you wanted to know that…?).

The good news is there’s probably someone out there who would love this freshly-opened package of tea.

I love tasting things. Slowly, I’m getting better at it.

I am a coffee convert; the 5+ cups of strong coffee I used to drink every day has trickled down to 1-2 cups a week, if a pot’s already brewed and I’m feeling lazy. Otherwise, tea all the way!

It’s been a few months now, which is enough for me to know that everyone likes different things about their cup. Personally I like my teas the way I like my men—strong and naked, with no artificial flavors or preservatives. Also dry, and in a tin. Hah!

Life is interesting and occasionally irritating. Because of this, I am sometimes laser-eyed, but a nice cup of tea usually helps.

Lovely green Oregon