drank Renaissance by Czar Nikolas II

This just arrived! Joy! Wanted to try this after reading about how it was served in the Russian tea room in San Francisco in the old days just the way I was served by Fr. John at St. Nicholas Russian Orthodox Church in Saratoga,CA. Instead of Russian Caravan smokey tea he used a more floral Russian Tea and put in a huge glob of sour cherry Jam and a spoon. You sip, get some jam from the spoon and sip some more. So good. I made me the same cuppa tea, sour cherry jam and all. AHHHHH!
Now the tea:
I did pour a sample first. My Steep time was 5 minutes and the liquor was med dark gold. The scent from first opening the huge bag of tea (8.8 oz for $8.99 a bargain!) was so different and floral but not something that I could say I knew what it was. Big scent though! Marigold…blue mallow…safflower…a bit buttery on the end. I let it cool but it does not taste good cold. Maybe sweet would be ok. This is fine without any sweetening hot and I’ll try without jam and with milk later. Love it this time.

TeaBrat

nice – I will have to try this one sometime, we are still trying to finish off the red Czar Nicholas right now!