drank Rooibos de Provence by DAVIDsTEA

Thank you Invader Zim for this generous Sample!
Tonight I decided to do a LONG brew of this Rooibos. I read the reviews first, the discriptions of the rose, lavender and strong red rooibos but I remained unafraid (pretty much). The steep time went 8 minutes…ok…reasonable and not too daring.
The liquor was fairly dark like red wheat beer. The scent is fantasticly sweet like walking into one of those le frou frou boutiques for lingerie that smell like dusting powder, lavender and roses. Of course there was no hint of old perfume flavor or acid…no, no…that would not do.
A bit of sweetening and “Voila” I want to speak French. NO!, I WANT TO BE FRENCH! (Well, maybe I can visit my Nephew in Paris one day at least!). The lavender warms this tea and is a perfect addition with the rose. The average person cry…“Beware!” but don’t fear. This is very good.
I can’t imagine brewing this tea in a weak and insipid manor…yuck! Don’t do it please! It should be a Gerard Depardieu strength brew not a Pepe le Pew oooooow.

Perfect to have with plain cookies or lemon cookies or shortbread.

Indigobloom

I had the same issue with my sample of this same tea from Tealish! Interesting. I guess it’s a lavender thing…

ScottTeaMan

Nice pic of you and your Grandson, Bonnie!

Bonnie

Thanks Scot! I take the kids out to tea regularly. This little guy is bipolar and loves time with grandma. Each grandchild has a teaset.

ScottTeaMan

Time with Grandma is important…….& a teaset already! What is Micha’s like?

Bonnie

My son bought each grandson a teaset with a small ceramic teapot and 4 small cups (Chinese no handle). Each in a wooden lined box. The boys are 11,9,7 and love to serve tea. I keep them supplied. Their mom and sisters love tea also. The sets came from Chinatown in San Francisco.

Comments

Indigobloom

ScottTeaMan

Nice pic of you and your Grandson, Bonnie!

ScottTeaMan

Time with Grandma is important…….& a teaset already! What is Micha’s like?

Colorado Grandma