It seems like just yesterday that it was a close race between Pumpkin Pie and Black Cherry for flavor of the week. Black Cherry squeaked by to win, and I happily jumped on the chance to order it. I was a little hesitant, since sometimes cherry flavors can be a little too artificial tasting, but I went with it anyway. As usual, I got the robust flavoring on this with the basic matcha. I took a whiff of the matcha, and I could definitely tell it was black cherry – no question.

This was prepared in a water bottle with 1/2 teaspoon of matcha. I put it in, shook it up, and tasted my beautiful creation.

WOW!! This is really good. I was not expecting much from this matcha, but am happily surprised. This is just as good as Boysenberry, maybe a little bit better. The black cherry flavor is potent, but not overpowering and not too sickly either. No sweetener needed. If you are a black cherry fan, you will not be disappointed. It definitely does not taste like cough syrup. I really want to get some cola matcha and mix this together to see how it would go. I bet it would be delicious.

Definitely glad I decided to take a risk and buy this matcha on sale.

As a reminder, you can buy this matcha here: http://www.redleaftea.com/matcha-tea/black-cherry-matcha.html

What level of flavouring did you order? This makes me want my order naaaaoooo! I hate living in Canada sometimes.

Babble

I got robust flavoring – my usual. What can I say, I like to make it taste not-so-much like matcha.

That’s where I sit too ;)

Comments

Babble

That’s where I sit too ;)

So the short story is, a few years ago I was VERY MUCH into tea. And then a lot of things happened, and I got out of tea for a while. And now, I’m back.

To me, tea is the missing puzzle piece for my healthy lifestyle. When I drink tea I am encouraged to eat healthy and be active. I drink tea because I simply enjoy the taste, but the health aspects are just an added bonus.

I love all types of teas, although greens and oolongs tend to be my favorite. I also love a good herbal.

Unless otherwise stated, I drink my teas straight. To brew I either use my ingenuiTEA or T-Sac (for teas that don’t expand much). One of these days I might break down and buy a Breville, but I’m trying to resist..

I’m kinda strict when rating my teas. I rarely give a tea above a 95. Teas that I really like I keep in the 95-85 category. I’ve yet to give a tea 100 yet. So, if you see a tea about 95, that means I thought it was an amazing tea!

Florida, United States