We all know that Teavana’s business practices are painfully annoying and their staff are trained to be insanely in-your-face and just horrifically keen to upsell you to metal tins (I have my own, thank you) and trying to sell you 1lb of tea at a time (I have 200 teas in my cupboard at home, and also, that’ll be like $75, so… no thank you).

Despite Teavana in general getting some sort of terrible management training right from the top which makes the shopping experience next-to-terrible, I do really like going in if not just to try their free samples and buy one thing and get the heck outta there.

This one in particular is amazing. I am a bit fan of white tea and also of fruit and citrus-y things, and this one has it all. The flavour is fantastic and would probably rock very hard as an iced tea. I brewed only for 3 min, but actually next time I will probably brew a little bit longer. The tea is very much more herbal and fruit-based than white tea-based, but that really works well. The blend of these 2 goes super well together and I love the taste. I had a cup of this a while back but put a fair bit more of the tea in (maybe 2 teaspoons) for a cup and it came out stronger which I like more. Next time I will brew it longer and put a bit more in. This is a GREAT tea (though is probably really more like a tisane). The only issue now is, if Teavana really wanted to sell more of this and their other great teas, they’d re-train their staff like NOW.

Hello fellow tea nerds!

I’m Canadian and my parents are South African, plus I lived in England and Australia as a kid… so I’m rockin some pretty mad British Empire vibe and thus I’ve been a tea fan for quite some time. I am now totally hooked on loose-leaf. It’s super fun to try a bazillion new kinds of tea and choose the right one for a given moment in a day.

My favourite teas are well balanced, mild, maybe fruity/citrusy or with interesting flavours (eg: silk oolongs, grapefruit green rooibos, jasmine silver needle white tea, melon white tea). I also like a solid malty British or other bold style black teas with some oomph (eg: Yunnan Golden Tips, PG Tips).

Let’s nerd out together about why tea is so friggin’ epic!

San Francisco, California