drank Citron Oolong by DAVIDsTEA

They call me mellow yellow…that’s right

This was another oolong that I have been passing by for the last couple of months, never really even bothering to give it a thought, I know how rude and unappreciative of me! In a bid to cross them all off my list I took a whiff of this oolong the other day and immediately had to have some. Dry it has a nice pleasing smooth citrus aroma, very lemony but not overpowering or fake.

The final brew is fairly light in color, and retains its delicious citrus aroma, after the first sip I was hooked. I really like citrus tea’s but most are generally fairly powerful; however Citron Oolong was the exact opposite the citrus profile for this tea is tame and mellow, very relaxing in fact. I was slightly taken off guard by this tea, I knew it would be citrusy but I never figured it would be such a wonderfully soft flavor.

Tea, Earl Grey, Hot!

I will attempt to taste and comment on each and every blend offered from DAVIDsTEA and of course anything else that comes across my path.

I only drink tea brewed from loose leaf tea, and tend to sweeten my teas with a teaspoon of raw cane sugar per 8oz of tea and consider a cup either 12oz or 16oz depending on what mug I want to use.

I generally do not put milk in my tea’s; however sometimes I may make a ‘London Fog’ style drink or add milk to herbal infusions to add a bit more creaminess to it.

And I generally enjoy drink a nice hot tea while relaxing listening to some Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd.

I am quite liberal with my Tea ratings, I take the smiley face to heart for judging. If I really like it then it will score a high grade regardless of the brand or if I can keep it in my cupboard or not. But to break it down further a bit more check this out:

0-10 – Wouldn’t drink it if I was dying.
10-20 – Are you sure this didn’t come out of a bag?
20-50 – There is hope for this tea…somewhere but not here
50-60 – Drinkable, but not stockable
60-70 – Ok, were onto something here!
70-80 – Wow you gotta try this
80+ I freaking love it, where can I buy it?

Vancouver, B.C.