drank Milk Oolong by TeaCuppa

When I opened the tin, the smell was lovely and strong. I steeped two teaspoons for approximately 3 minutes.

First sip: the flavor is a bit weaker than I expected, given the strong smell.
Second sip: Hmm… stronger flavor, and the almost-salty taste when it hits the back of your tongue distinctive of milk oolong.
Third sip onward: Much better. But the flavor is still lacking some of the complexity I expect from milk oolong.

It’s a decent, but I probably won’t be ordering more from TeaCuppa when I’m done with the tin because I know there’s better out there.

I’m a tea-aholic. I’ve always loved tea. It is soothing and warm and comforting. I always had it when we went out to eat as a child so my first association is with rich and delicious food.

As an adult, I’m learning to enjoy tea on its own merits, and bask in its subtleties and varieties. The ritual of making a cup of tea is instantly relaxing.

I prefer oolong and white teas, followed by greens, and then blacks. For the most part I do not like flavored or blended teas, and I never add sugar or cream to tea from the actual tea plant.

I’m slowly learning to appreciate rooibos blends, which I drink for its anti-inflammatory properties.

Silver Spring, MD