I’ve finally cleared enough space in my tea cupboard for my fiance to lift my tea buying ban. Woo-hoo! So, when we went shopping this weekend, I insisted on going to Teavana to pick up some of this tea. I had tried it a few weeks back and was in love with how wonderfully fruity it is; I had to snag some for my stash! Ironically, this is one tea I wouldn’t have minded if they over-poured, but for once I got the 2oz I requested from the salesgirl. Go figure, right?

This tea is close to a 50/50 mix of green tea and fruit chunks. I steeped my leaves twice last night and got consistently good cups both times. I would have gone for a third steeping (which I almost never do because most of the teas I have lose all flavor after the second steep) but didn’t have time to before I fell asleep.

This tea is lightly fruity with the grapefruit ading a punch of bitter at the end of the sip. It’s very smooth and the flavors balance one another nicely. It doesn’t need any sugar, or, at least, I didn’t feel the need to add any.

I might have to sneak back to the store and get more of this when my fiance isn’t looking.

Aimee Popovacki

i love love love this tea…. i was surprised… i didn`t think anything about it would pair well, but i was proven wrong!

sundaysipping

I thought it’d be really bitter from the grapefruit, but it’s a really well balanced vl3nd.

Comments

Aimee Popovacki

sundaysipping

I became interested in tea spring 2013, when some friends of mine brought me to a local tea shop. I’ve been experimenting since, and am absolutely in love! I am especially fond of blended teas, and I’m a sucker for gimicky flavors.

My cupboard is stocked with a lot of DAVIDsTEA at the present, although I do have a few teas from some local shops. I’m looking forward to branching out and trying teas from different vendors and shops. Let the journey begin!