Once I’ve opened the samples from Life in Teacup, I’ve been storing them in odd, empty tins. This one’s in Andrew and Dunham’s Earl Grey tin (I haven’t removed the label or anything—this is just temporary).

Dried, the smell of the leaves is a fainter ‘tea leaf’ smell, which is also somewhat sweet. I like it.

First steep I ended up doing twenty seconds instead of ten (didn’t use quite as many leaves—about two very rough teaspoons [the leaves are a fair size and don’t fit in my teaspoon very well], to six ounces water; also did a rinse-steep prior to the first steep). I’m not getting any smell from the tea. Hmm.

It has a darker oolong taste, I guess. I’m bad at explaining these things, especially since I haven’t tried many. It’s lighter than say Honeybee, but darker than ti kuan yin. However, it’s floral and sweet. In fact, the sweetness is kind of fruity almost, but without any tart. I suppose this is what people mean when they use fruits to describe teas. Maybe peach? I’m glad I got up early, this means I can experience a few more infusions before I leave for class.

This is VERY nice to sip. The sweetness sits as an aftertaste on your tongue for a bit.

Second steep, did thirty seconds. There’s definitely a sort of nectar-sweet quality, so definitely sticking with ‘peaches’. And possibly something else, but I can’t really place it.

Third steep, did a minute. Since I let the leaves sit overnight, this may be the reason I’m getting pretty much no flavour at all. Huh.