Spearmint

Herbal Tea
Spearmint
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Edit tea info Last updated by jump62359

• “We now interrupt your scheduled destruction of various samples to bring you a bulletin on mint: Mint is tasty and soothes the stomach that has overindulged on cheez-its, which I like for reasons...” Read full tasting note
    chibibigos 382 tasting notes
  • “I just discovered that I really like spearmint. I enjoy peppermint too, but sometimes I find that it is almost too strong with the cooling mint. Spearmint seems to be peppermint's more calm and...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes
  • “Wanted to compare this to the Casablanca Twist I had earlier today, and there's really not a huge difference. The only thing that's lacking is that slight earthy flavor from the Darjeeling in...” Read full tasting note
    shetheliving 355 tasting notes
  • “This smells like those starlight mints I really like. Making mint tea in my game made me want a cup. I haven't had plain mint tea in a while. This is sweet, and a bit refreshing. ” Read full tasting note
    Lariel 262 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Dried spearmint leaves to make a minty, refreshing drink that is highly satisfying both hot and cold. A native of the Mediterranean, spearmint was revered by ancient Romans for its ability to ‘stir up the mind.’ It continues to be savored for its refreshingly light aroma, as well as its natural, caffeine-free taste. If you have yet to try gourmet spearmint, you’ll be pleasantly surprised by its superior flavor.

About Adagio Teas View company

Mint is tasty and soothes the stomach that has overindulged on cheez-its, which I like for reasons that I cannot explain even though I am pretty sure they are made completely of chemicals. The end.

Addendum: Put in my first 52teas order today! (not the hot cinnamon tea of the week, that scares me, but some other cool stuff!) I am totally stoked!

Cofftea

LOL I love it. So what did you order? Curious minds, mouths, and stomachs want to know:)

Ewa

Hmmm, to be coy or not to be coy….ah screw it: the black currant bai mu dan (of course!) the coconut cream pie (apparently it’s FAYMUS) and the buttered cinnamon raisin toast black tea (because even though it kind of terrifies me, I am a sucker for teas with ridiculously long names)

Cofftea

Haha yeah the BCRT black isn’t bad. Now in actuality you’ll have to amp that up several notches as I’m not usually a non-chai or chocolate black tea person and if I think it’s that good- it’s gotta be pretty amazing.:)

__Morgana__

I just ordered 2 out of three of those, plus a couple of chocolate things. Interesting. :-)

Ewa

Clearly we are secretly the same person.

Rabs

I had suspected as much ;)

S

Looking forward to seeing your reviews of the 52teas you ordered! :) I just ordered a bag of the coconut cream pie myself…it could be better (stronger), but I still think it’s really nummy and I’m obsessed with it now!

I just discovered that I really like spearmint. I enjoy peppermint too, but sometimes I find that it is almost too strong with the cooling mint. Spearmint seems to be peppermint’s more calm and sweet little cousin. This is a nice soothing cup for after dinner, when you don’t want something too overwhelming!

-Dry blend has medium green and brown pieces of mint leaves and twigs.
-Dry leaves smell freshly of sweet mint. Tea liquor aroma is of cooling mint.
-Tea liquor is a clear medium golden yellow brown color.
-Smooth and sweet minty flavor. Lingering refreshing minty aftertaste.
-Best with sweetener.
-Very good tea. Gentle and sweet mint flavor that isn’t overwhelming.

Boiling 8 min or more

Wanted to compare this to the Casablanca Twist I had earlier today, and there’s really not a huge difference. The only thing that’s lacking is that slight earthy flavor from the Darjeeling in Casablanca Twist. I think I prefer this.

This smells like those starlight mints I really like. Making mint tea in my game made me want a cup. I haven’t had plain mint tea in a while.
This is sweet, and a bit refreshing.

Sometimes one needs something that is simple, straightforward, and reliable.

Cofftea

I agree, although I don’t drink it solo. Gotta plant some… way cheaper!:)

I’m really enjoying this – mellow, slight sweetness and a lovely mint. Perfect for a relaxing, night tea.

Cofftea

That gives me an idea… gonna flavor my matcha tomorrow morning w/ mint… orange mint to be exact. Thanks for the inspiration:)

I’ve actually never had this straight. I always mix a scoop in with my Adagio Gunpowder for an ersatz Moroccan mint. Is works well at providing a counterbalance to the slight smokiness of Gunpowder.

I’d never had a plain mint tea before, and so when trying to find more caffeinie-free options I saw spearmint (which I tend to reach for when buying gum) and decided to get a sample. I don’t have a lot to say about it other than it’s pretty much what I expected, only maybe a bit more crisp. I think that this shall be my mint tea of choice to keep a small amount on hand. NE

I’ve got a massive headache and I usually drink peppermint tea to soothe headaches buuut I left the last of it for my roommate! So I’ve got me some spearmint which I will have now because MINT.

This is actually the first time I’ve had this tea on its own and wow it tastes weird okay. Not like the spearmint that I know…

This is also the first time that I am having pure spearmint as a herbal tea. A light and sweet mint but to be quite honest not as good as I expected it to be after my experience of enjoying spearmint candy more than peppermint. Shocking as I think in reality when it comes to plain mint tea I actually like peppermint more but overall when it comes to a peppermint/spearmint blend Adagio’s beat the bagged variety big time.

Boiling 8 min or more