Kalami Assam

Edit tea info Last updated by Debbie

• “Certainly a great any time of the day tea. You will be hard pressed to have a good golden tippy full leaf Assam tea for the price of around $8. It carries a medium punch of caffeine along...” Read full tasting note
    Pureleaf 133 tasting notes
  • “This tea brews to a nice copper colour. It smells of biscuit, plums, honey, and a slight hint of cocoa. This tea is great when I'm craving baked goods as it has the powdery taste of biscuit, and...” Read full tasting note
    yyz 374 tasting notes
  • “Another selection from Artp's Traveling Teabox: This is a decent black tea. Kalami Assam is a premium blend of golden tippy long leaf assam tea. It is not as malty as I like in my assams for...” Read full tasting note
    Dignitea 271 tasting notes
  • “Exceptionally good for how cheap it is! This is a strong, edgy Assam with good complexity. Loose-leaf with large pieces of broken leaves. I picked up a pound of it at a local middle-eastern...” Read full tasting note
    cazort 17 tasting notes

From Ahmad Tea

Kalami Assam is a premium blend of golden tippy long leaf ssam tea from the best gardens of the picturesque Brahmaputra Valley in Northern Indian. Producing a tasteful cup with balanced color and flavor. Pleasant for any time of the day. Simply brew for 8 minutes. Ahmad Tea London Kalami Assam is a pure Indian tea.

About Ahmad Tea View company

Certainly a great any time of the day tea.

It carries a medium punch of caffeine along with good astringency.

I tend to like the serving color at amber, which would mean cutting the recommended steeping time in half (8mins is recommended).

Beware: Steeping for 8mins or longer will produce a much higher astringency (bitter, even) and a jolt of caffeine equaled to a kick from the south end of a north bound mule! :)

This tea is great when I’m craving baked goods as it has the powdery taste of biscuit, and a slight hint of apricot and plum jam with honey and citrus. There is a faint hint of bitterness from malt and cocoa. It is fairly smooth easily drinkable little to no astringency after the 4 and half minutes I brewed it for. There is an aftertaste like eating scones. The tea Offers great value for the money.

Another selection from Artp’s Traveling Teabox:

This is a decent black tea. Kalami Assam is a premium blend of golden tippy long leaf assam tea. It is not as malty as I like in my assams for this one seems more like one of the breakfast blends – strong and smooth. A tiny bit acidic but not in an unpleasant way because it adds a bit to the complexity of the tea. While I prefer other assams, I could drink this again and be satisfied – just finishing the mug now and I’m surprised I enjoyed it as much as I did. Bottom line – this is a solid, low cost black tea for everyday drinking.

Exceptionally good for how cheap it is! This is a strong, edgy Assam with good complexity. Loose-leaf with large pieces of broken leaves. I picked up a pound of it at a local middle-eastern store for $6.15, and I love it.

This is good, but nothing special. I steeped it with a little bit of rock sugar, and decided not to add cream (I don’t think it needs it, and I think that would dilute the flavor). This is the first time I’ve had Assam tea. I just read on Wikipedia that English and Irish breakfast teas usually have some Assam leaves. Right now I think I like this much more than the breakfast teas I’ve had bagged (no surprise). I’m not sure if this is because my feelings about black breakfast tea are changing, or if loose leaf is simply that much better than bagged tea. Despite my positive impression of this, I don’t like it as much as chai, green, or mate tea.

(Tea from silentrequiem. Thanks!)

with a short steep, this a good strong morning tea.

اینو همیشه با مادرم می خورم.. ولی بازم مطلوب ترین نیست

I steeped this eight minutes, per the instructions, and ye galloping gods, is this ever bitter, but I can’t tell if that’s due to the oversteep or simply part of the style.

It is also incredibly, over-the-top malty, but I really enjoy the strength of that flavor, so am going to try a shorter steep and see if that helps.

Aromatic nose, sweet, steep for 3 minutes per pot. I use both the paper DIY bags and the free-tea with strainer methods. Good with sweets, cookies, etc.

I drank it, its delicious, but not the best.