Fleur de Pu Er

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by QuiltGuppy

• “This is an interesting tea. It's made up of flowers. They're a deep yellow color. They smell like black tea with that savory aroma of an assam. I'm a bit confused about the actual tea, though,...” Read full tasting note
    QuiltGuppy 247 tasting notes
  • “I too thought this was a tea, I am thrilled to know it's considered an herbal infusion. That makes it a wonderful nighttime treat. I smell cornsilk and earth. I added milk and cardamom. I think...” Read full tasting note
    LinnDC 6 tasting notes

From American Tea Room

Delicate flowers from the famed ancient tea trees of Jiangmai Mangjing in Yunnan, China (which are plucked to create select Pu Er) comes this organic blend. The liquor is both sweet with a sour note of fermented honey. This tea is certified USDA organic.

About American Tea Room View company

This is an interesting tea. It’s made up of flowers. They’re a deep yellow color. They smell like black tea with that savory aroma of an assam. I’m a bit confused about the actual tea, though, because they are flowers and on the website are listed as a non-caffeinated tea. However, on the package, it’s listed as a green tea. I wonder if this is just a packaging issue. (EDIT: To clarify, it’s not a green tea; it’s an herbal infusion as it’s made up of the flowers from the tea plant. Thanks, American Tea Room, for the quick response and clarification.)

At any rate, 165F (73C)/2 min, now the tea smells kind of smoky. It’s not the smoke of a Lapsang Souchong, but rather the smoke of a campfire. More fresh, lighter as the breeze catches it. The taste reflects that smokiness and I’m left with a taste of smoked honey in my mouth. I don’t taste any sour notes, as the description implies, just a nice tea with strength. It’s very unique in terms of flavor and if it’s truly a non-caffeinated tea, it’ll be making its way into my tea cabinet… somewhere. (I’ll make room!)

ashmanra

This sounds fascinating! I was not aware that tea flower tisane was made – or available!

Kashyap

if you’ve never had ‘tea flowers’ from the tea plant …I know there are places that make it into a beencha disc, but also the Tao of Tea sells this ‘loose’ and the flavor is very much like corn husk and chrysanthemum….decaf and interesting

QuiltGuppy

It’s a spectacular tisane and Jeff @ATR told me that the flowers come from tea plants that are 1000 years old from the Jen Mai tea forest in China. I think that’s so amazing.

oolong

I bought this tea and liked it but I wasn’t crazy about it, as ATR has many great teas and this just was not my favorite. So, I decided I would use it up and ice it and quite to my surprise I just loved it and have bought it again to drink iced.

I too thought this was a tea, I am thrilled to know it’s considered an herbal infusion. That makes it a wonderful nighttime treat. I smell cornsilk and earth. I added milk and cardamom. I think this will be a staple in my cupboard.