Edit tea info Last updated by PositiviTEA

• “I finally thought to check out the company website again while drinking this. I'm sad to say that it looks like they've shut the doors and are no longer in business. It makes me a little sad...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4840 tasting notes
  • “Thanks *Azzrian* for this one! This is quite different than I expected! I don't know if I would call it..CAKE..but it's fairly tasty for a flavored tea. The black tea base is a bit on the...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “I really like this tea! I won a free sample of it from *Cuppa Crew Tea*, and I was very excited to try it! I got this tea a few days before Mardi Gras, and I definitely drank it all day! It is...” Read full tasting note
    PositiviTEA 18 tasting notes
  • “Backlog: I just found out that this company recently closed it's doors. Sad. :( This was a tasty cup of tea, although I don't know that I tasted "cake." I did taste a strong cinnamon-y...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4366 tasting notes

From Cuppa Crew Tea Company

To celebrate Mardi Gras this year, we’ve developed a blend reminiscent of a gorgeous King Cake. Hints of vanilla cream and cinnamon make for a truly delectable cup that’ll take you away to beautiful N’awlins.

About Cuppa Crew Tea Company View company

I finally thought to check out the company website again while drinking this. I’m sad to say that it looks like they’ve shut the doors and are no longer in business. It makes me a little sad since i was certainly a fan of their tim finnegan’s wake up tea and was considering purchasing more. ah well. Cheers to you cuppa crew! hopefully you’re doing some great somewhere else!

Terri HarpLady

King Cake is a big thing in St. Louis, all the bakers sell them around Mardigras. I’m sure it’s the same in New Orleans.

Kaylee

Oh heck yeah. It’s everywhere down there and it is amazing. Meanwhile, try finding King Cake in New York. It actually took quite a bit of research, phone calls, and trekking. SO worth it, though!

Terri HarpLady

I grew up in San Diego, & I never knew anything about Mardigras until I moved to St. Louis, LOL.

Kaylee

That must have been a fun surprise!

Terri HarpLady

By the time I moved here, I had quit drinking, eating sugar, etc, and I’m not catholic, so I mostly avoid it, LOL.

Kaylee

Yeah, if you can’t enjoy the booze, food, OR religious aspect, there’s not all that much fun to be had.

Terri HarpLady

LOL, Yeah, I’m not a fan of watching people get wasted :)
But, to each their own!

Thanks Azzrian for this one!

This is quite different than I expected! I don’t know if I would call it..CAKE..but it’s fairly tasty for a flavored tea. The black tea base is a bit on the bitter side but not overly-so. The Vanilla cream is subtle. the cinnamon throws a curveball into this overall flavor.

It’s not bad…it’s just different. And totally different from what I was expecting.

Alphakitty

Interesting, I was kind of thinking of picking this blend up.

Denise @ Nature's Tea Leaf

Ah, so this is a take on a Mardi Gras king cake. Great idea.

I really like this tea! I won a free sample of it from Cuppa Crew Tea, and I was very excited to try it! I got this tea a few days before Mardi Gras, and I definitely drank it all day! It is really good! It definitely has the sweet vanilla and cinnamon that you would expect from a king cake! The base did not get bitter on me. I really like this tea and will be reordering it when I run out! Nothing like a little King Cake to put you in a good mood!

Backlog:

I just found out that this company recently closed it’s doors. Sad. :(

This was a tasty cup of tea, although I don’t know that I tasted “cake.” I did taste a strong cinnamon-y note … not so much a cinnamon candy kind of taste, but more like a snickerdoodle cinnamon note.

I also taste vanilla. The vanilla and the cinnamon play well together and seem to enhance that overall “snickerdoodle” kind of flavor.

Tasty, not quite “cake” but tasty!

Received a sample from Fjellrev a while back, but for various reasons am only getting around to it now.

I don’t get vanilla or cinnamon from this, I actually get bourbon! I love a good bourbon, and the rich base black gives the tea the mouthfeel I like when sipping bourbon.

I’ve had a fustercluck of a weekend, so this is a really comforting cuppa to get me through the day til I have to head back to another insane night of work.

Thanks Fjellrev!