Sangria

Herbal Tea
Apple, Blackberry Leaves, Hibiscus, Licorice Root, Natural Flavours, Orange Pieces, Raspberry, Strawberry
Apple, Artificial, Fruity, Hibiscus, Orange, Red Wine, Strawberry, Tart, Orange Zest, Sweet, Licorice, Raspberry
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Imagine the perfect summer day. Chances are it involves sunshine, a patio and a big pitcher of sangria. Seriously, summer just isn’t summer without that tasty concoction of wine and fresh fruit. And with tart hibiscus and big pieces of apple, orange and berries, this fruity, all-natural tisane tastes just like the real thing. Try brewing up a big pitcher with red wine, agave and a splash of sparkling water. Bistro table and sunny patio not included. Limited edition.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Pass the Stash TTB 2.0

Holy cow, be careful that you don’t overleaf this tea! I took my first sip and literally almost ralphed. HAH! I used about a teaspoon and a half, but there was a giant slice of dried orange in there that may have been the culprit. So I added more water to bring it closer to 10 ounces before I drank any more. BLEGH. XD

Ahem.

I totally get the wine reference in this tea! Which is not something I expected. There’s definitely a bit of a winey taste there in the background. And the hibiscus and licorice root don’t really bother me in this blend, because the tart orange is strong enough to hold its own. This is, overall, a rather tart blend, so I added some sugar. It’s very fruity, I can taste the strawberry, the apple, and the orange. I don’t necessarily get raspberry, but the hibiscus is somewhat similar to tart raspberry, so that’s probably why. The licorice is not noticeable, thank goodness!

I will say, there is a certain bubblegum element to this that I do not enjoy. And overall, it tastes quite artificial… I don’t understand why flavoring is needed when there are giant pieces of fruit in here… Just seems excessive, and it hurts the blend overall. It’s not terrible, but the artificiality keeps it from being good.

Flavors: Apple, Artificial, Fruity, Hibiscus, Orange, Red Wine, Strawberry, Tart

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Cheri

I have a sample of this that I was thinking about cold brewing.

NAILED IT. I brewed this with the intention of trying it as an iced tea, then immediately turning it in to an alcoholic beverage (recipe below). As a tea, I would want to steep it less and maybe add one sugar. It was very tart and full-bodied, but not sour or rough on the palate.
As Sangria, it is PERFECT. If I wanted to have an alcohol-free Sangria, I would simply brew this and ice it.
How I made an awesome Sangria:
1/2 cup of Sangria (tea)
1/2 cup of Merlot
2oz of Sprite.
Serve over ice.
Next time, I want to try with a White Wine base. For the Sangria, I made it with 2 teaspoons in 5oz of water and steeped for 6 minutes. I let it cool in the fridge. No sugar added. It’s PERFECT!

I made this tea iced today for me and my mom. It was only okay. I was not a fan of the smell, which is surprising because usually they smell better than they taste. I think the problem is that I do not really like sangria; I have never had actual sangria so that could be it. I would recommend it to anyone who likes fruity tea.If you hate hibiscus, this tea is fine because it was not at all tart for me. But I would brew a million teas before I decided to make this one. Oh and it brewed stronger for my mother than for me so that is another problem. Because the tea has so many ingredients in it, you are going to get a different brew each time.

Flavors: Fruity

This tea tastes exactly like Sangria – love it!

Flavors: Fruity, Orange

4 min, 0 sec 2 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

This was one of the teas I was most interested in trying from my new summer collection. The smell in the store is what got me. I wouldn’t say it smelled delicious, but it smelled INTERESTING, and unique and awesome and I just had to have it. My boyfriend took one whiff and wouldn’t go near it with a 10 foot pole…

So when I made it at home, I made it iced. Initially, I really loved it! It tasted very sophisticated and grown up to me. I made a huge glass of it though, and sipped on it throughout the afternoon. I found by the end I was really not wanting to finish it. I think it was the hibiscus. It just seemed to taste more and more bitter, even though it wasn’t continually steeped. I think I just have to have this one in smaller amounts, and next time I’ll try sweetening it and see what I think of that.

Dude. This may actually be my new favourite summer tea! I love it so much!
A great cold brew and perfectly sweet, fruity and refreshing :)

4g/14oz/2days in the refrigerator.

Flavors: Fruity, Hibiscus, Tart

Iced 4 g 14 OZ / 414 ML
Roswell Strange

It’s a good tea pop! :)

jump62359

Oh really!? I’ve never actually had a tea pop before, but it sounds quite interesting! And this does seem like it’d make a great tea pop :)
I read on the DAVIDs site that they use sparkling water, but I’ve seen other people use club soda. Have you tried one or the other? Which do you enjoy?

Roswell Strange

I had it at the store with sparkling water.

jump62359

Okay cool, looks like I’ll be getting some sparkling water on my next grocery visit!

Cheri

I have a sample of this that I’ve been waiting for it to get hot to make.

In the past I have had a sangria-flavored tea, and I remember that it was awful! This one is much less awful, to be fair…

It is incredibly concentrated and is very bitter. It has a very raw/deep orange and tangy taste to it, much like real sangria. In my opinion, it could use some sweetener. I think that if you like real sangria, you’ll like this tea :)

Flavors: Orange, Orange Zest

Uh oh..I broke my long run of not buying more tea (except my monthly Verdant subscription) when I went to the mall today and decided I needed to check out the new summer collection and Hot Tropic. I was going to leave with only 25g of each and told the clerk that, but he gave me about 50g of each (so much tea) but on the bright side, I can now try them hot and iced, iced tea pitchers take up so much tea! So it was a happy mistake lol. And I also decided I needed a new Timolino, at least one to alternate with my old one, the old is so caked with tea grime I need to deep clean it before using it again, the new one is shiny and also blue (oolong blue). Overall a good day shopping!

Anyways, onto the tea, this is the first one I tried of the summer teas, well, except for the free sample of the mango one from last year that I got in the store. That one is okay but I had it last year, don’t need it again. So I decided to try this one first, as it smelled amazing in store, berry like with definite wine notes! My own bag is much stronger and smells much more boozy lol, maybe a bit chemical. But luckily it doesn’t taste like that!

I brewed it for 5 minutes, and yes I had it hot first. The resulting liquor was bright reddish pink, definitely hibiscus in this. But surprisingly, I really enjoyed the flavor! It is tart, yes, be forewarned – but there was enough sweetness that it actually worked quite nicely for my tastes. It was refreshing and sweet and although not as good as actual sangria, it was still an enjoyable beverage. There was a nice berry flavor present. I won’t compare this directly to alcoholic sangria anyways, it’s more of a nice fruity drink haha, and no wine headache after! :D although I am tempted to try adding some wine when I make this cold. I bet it would be awesome! Love the large strawberries in the blend, they make the dry leaf very pretty.

Overall, a good start to the summer collection this year. I drank the cup really fast lol, that’s why the note isn’t super descriptive. But so far, this one is a win for me, even with its tartness :)

Flavors: Strawberry, Sweet, Tart

I got it as part of the summer collection..it was okay but I wouldn’t buy it again.

I personally am CRAZY about the actual alcoholic beverage. It’s my favorite summer drink so I was very excited when David’s Tea came out with a blend of herbs that would taste like sangria!
I was relatively disappointed by this tea to be perfectly honest with everyone. I wouldn’t say this is a great morning to at all if that is when you are in the mood to drink your tea. The tea smells very acidic. I strong smell that resemble wine. You can pick up the smell of hibiscus, oranges, apple and strawberries in one whiff.

I am not a big hibiscus fan, it usually become too acidic for me so I only steeped my tea for 4 mins and added some agave. The tea turned into this gorgeous red color. Probably the prettiest tea I have seen from them so far.

The finished beverage tasted better than the dry leaves led me to believe iot would turn out. It was still acidic but it does smell like a legit sangria but it didn’t keep me hooked on it. I later tried it iced and it was better but still not something I could picture myself repurchasing. I will have to try out their recipe for the little cocktail drink, see if I can use up all that tea.

Flavors: Apple, Hibiscus, Licorice, Raspberry, Strawberry