Mighty Aphrodite (organic)

Raspberry, Tangy, Tart, Apple, Candy, Red Apple, Lemon
Caffeine Free
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

Since the day we opened our doors, raspberry leaf has been our number one most-requested ingredient. Why? Because it’s a girl’s best friend, especially for soon-to-be moms. Seriously, there are tons of amazing benefits to explore…But we mostly love it for its sweet, herbal taste, especially in this calming blend of apple, rosehips, lemon balm and raspberries.It’s deliciously soothing, lightly fruity and super good-for-you.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

The look of this one is very strange. Like very strange… I’m not sure what to think of the look of it especially with the raspberry leaves. But I decided to give this one a try as I really wanted to know if it was good or not. I had this one as an iced tea. And I loved it. It was light and fruity. Slight raspberry taste to it. It was great.

SO TANGY AND TART. Love it. Even if it didn’t have AWESOME raspberry leaf I’d still love it for the lemon balm and the incredible raspberry taste. I’m on the fence about a lot of berry teas, but this one? Knockout. The apple + raspberry combination is stellar and complex.

I always steep it 10+ min to make the flavour as strong as possible because it’s so good. It’s such a bonus that something that’s good for the girly time of the month also tastes amazing. Yay!

Flavors: Raspberry, Tangy, Tart

I packed this up in the timolino for work. The smell of the leaves is really sweet so I was wondering if I was going to like it at all, but the taste of the tea isn’t crazy sweet. I can definitely taste the apple, but not as much as say, forever nuts. The raspberry leaf is the next dominant flavour which is nice. I still say they should have left out the apple, but then again I like more plainer teas. Overall it’s pretty decent.

Flavors: Apple

First thing you’ll notice is the great smell of that tea. Yum! I’m actually gonna give it a 90 because I like it a lot. It doesn’t taste what I was expecting, but it’s ok. It’s not tart as a raspberry. Of course, because it mostly contains leaves and few fruits. This is a good and soothing tea!

Flavors: Raspberry

I’m always a little worried by teas that are supposed to be good for lady-bit health. Most of the time they taste pretty awful and never fail to remind me of the Women and Women First bookshop sketches on Portlandia.

But holy crap on a cracker this was delicious. This is probably the best raspberry tea I have ever had. Raspberry is a difficult flavour to reproduce well in a tea, especially one which contains raspberry leaf. This tea was light and sweet – I wouldn’t sweeten it any further, but girlie likes her tea with two spoons of sugar and had to drop it down to one for this tea. There was a slightly grassy herbal base, but it was overwhelmingly the raspberry and stayed on the sweet side of tart. Definitely recommend. Can’t speak for the baby-making properties of it.

Flavors: Candy, Raspberry

I really, really like this blend. I would like it more if I hadn’t oversweetened it. Boo. Still, I am glad 10 g gave us so much dry leaf and I will definitely be buying more. I love the raspberry and it reminds me of Razzmintazz without the mint and y’all know how much I love that blend. Yes, this is one I need to buy more of ASAP. I also need to try it cold.

I bought this tea originally because I heard raspberry leaf is really good for balancing out estrogen, particularly at the “time of the month”. Most ladies get killer cramps, but I lucked out and get excruciating migraines that impair my ability to function like a normal human being. So bad that I got a CT scan for a brain tumour many moons ago. That bad.

My last monthly went really smoothly, headache still there but far less prominent. I drank this tea for a week prior and during (about a cup a day). Not sure if this is the efficacy of the tea or some sort of placebo effect, but either way I’ll take it.

I also really like the taste of this one. Slightly fruity, a touch of raspberry, and the leaves are quite earthy. It’s now permanently in my tea cupboard.

Backlog here… I shared some of this with my boyfriend’s mom a while back, as she picked it from the limited selection of herbals I offered her. I found it a bit light for my tastes, although the flavour was fairly good (mostly berries – no hibiscus, yay!) I’m curious as to whether it actually helps the conditions it is supposed to – perhaps I’ll finish up the rest in that sort of experiment. Overall, pretty good for a “medicinal” tea.

I actually like this one, but I drink RRL a bit (only before ovulation for me though). I find it nicer than straight RRL.

Whoops, sipped this down a long time ago. Had the last of it as a cold brew and it wasn’t that great, really. Tasted dry, in a way. This means that I’m actually down to 59 now. Yes!

go you!

Made in my timolino ‘cause I woke up with some pretty crappy cramps and this immediately came to mind. Bonus points, ’cause it’s really tasty too!

It had very juicy notes of raspberry and apples with a milder lemon flavour present in the aftertaste. It reminded me of a very light and gentle cider type drink. I really, really like this one; it’s just a shame that raspberry leaf is a thing that I probably should not be drinking on a really regular basis. Side note; apparently me and my coworker Bobbi are “synced up” so since she had terrible cramps too we had a “bonding moment” of sorts and split the timolino worth of this before our shifts started.

She actually really enjoyed it, and was just so amused that “period tea” is a real thing.

Flavors: Lemon, Raspberry, Red Apple

sounds awful. then again, my cramps usually require percocet. cramps suck.

I stopped using my birth control (need to go see the lady doctor and just haven’t had time) and DANG. Crampy cramps and PMS like cray-cray. GAH!

hysterectomy in January, I"m looking forward to it so much you have no idea.

Amanda 'SoggyEnderman' Wilson

Cramps are the worst, mine were so bad this month that I kept blacking out…clearly I need a new lady tea. Also Starfevre so jealous of your hysterectomy!

it’s the end of a long long road. I ALREADY had myself sterilized and a failed endometrial ablation procedure. Too much scarring now to do much else but take it all out. Good thing I never wanted kids.

Amanda 'SoggyEnderman' Wilson

At least that will bring you relief! The doctors I have been to won’t remove mine or do any of the things that may ruin my chance to have kids…thanks guys, I never wanted kids and my periods are killing me, ugh. I am hoping once I am over 30 doctors will listen to me more, only a couple more years!

Wishing you a very swift post hysterectomy recovery!

I had to wait until I was over 30 and switched doctors 3 times between 30 and 31 before someone would listen to me. Don’t give up.

Amanda 'SoggyEnderman' Wilson

Sigh, so frustrating for us ladies who have killer periods and don’t want kids! I won’t give up, I just hope I find a doctor that will listen before I go the route of my mom and grandmother, they had to have emergency hysterectomies because when they went pre-menopausal they got severe menorrhagia, one of them ended up needing a blood transfusion for it. It is scary stuff!!

It’s so frustrating that doctors think they know better than the patient what the patient wants. Keep trying. Keep advocating for yourself.

I got so lucky to find an obgyn who was willing to give me a tubal at 23, with no fighting or treating me like an infant. I’m 32 now and looking at the possibility of having a hysterectomy and ovariectomy and I have my fingers crossed that this one will go as smoothly and easily as getting my tubal.

Taking magnesium seems to have taken my cramps from please-kill-me-now to almost non-existent, but having reproductive bits is still a liability that I don’t need.

Amanda 'SoggyEnderman' Wilson

Good luck Analina! I hope you are able to have them removed!

Ahh, the struggles of those of us who don’t want kids and have killer cramps. I describe them as having a swarm of tiny piranhas in my uterus. :) I’ll have to try more magnesium!