Mighty Aphrodite (organic)

Raspberry, Red Apple, Lemon
Caffeine Free
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “I bought this tea originally because I heard raspberry leaf is really good for balancing out estrogen, particularly at the "time of the month". Most ladies get killer cramps, but I lucked out and...” Read full tasting note
    dischord 104 tasting notes
  • “Backlog here… I shared some of this with my boyfriend's mom a while back, as she picked it from the limited selection of herbals I offered her. I found it a bit light for my tastes, although the...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2387 tasting notes
  • “Hello, my friends. Long story short, I quit the MA program even though I've done everything up to and including the rough draft of my thesis, largely due to a controlling supervisor who isn't happy...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 826 tasting notes
  • “Made in my timolino 'cause I woke up with some pretty crappy cramps and this _immediately_ came to mind. Bonus points, 'cause it's really tasty too! It had very juicy notes of raspberry and apples...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2067 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Since the day we opened our doors, raspberry leaf has been our number one most-requested ingredient. Why? Because it’s a girl’s best friend, especially for soon-to-be moms. Seriously, there are tons of amazing benefits to explore…But we mostly love it for its sweet, herbal taste, especially in this calming blend of apple, rosehips, lemon balm and raspberries.It’s deliciously soothing, lightly fruity and super good-for-you.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I bought this tea originally because I heard raspberry leaf is really good for balancing out estrogen, particularly at the “time of the month”. Most ladies get killer cramps, but I lucked out and get excruciating migraines that impair my ability to function like a normal human being. So bad that I got a CT scan for a brain tumour many moons ago. That bad.

My last monthly went really smoothly, headache still there but far less prominent. I drank this tea for a week prior and during (about a cup a day). Not sure if this is the efficacy of the tea or some sort of placebo effect, but either way I’ll take it.

I also really like the taste of this one. Slightly fruity, a touch of raspberry, and the leaves are quite earthy. It’s now permanently in my tea cupboard.

Backlog here… I shared some of this with my boyfriend’s mom a while back, as she picked it from the limited selection of herbals I offered her. I found it a bit light for my tastes, although the flavour was fairly good (mostly berries – no hibiscus, yay!) I’m curious as to whether it actually helps the conditions it is supposed to – perhaps I’ll finish up the rest in that sort of experiment. Overall, pretty good for a “medicinal” tea.

Amariel

I actually like this one, but I drink RRL a bit (only before ovulation for me though). I find it nicer than straight RRL.

Hello, my friends. Long story short, I quit the MA program even though I’ve done everything up to and including the rough draft of my thesis, largely due to a controlling supervisor who isn’t happy that I don’t want to go on to a PhD and was therefore making it very difficult for me to get this degree over with. Blah blah blah, that said, I’m back to enjoying other things in my life! Hope everyone has been super swell and enjoying all them wonderful teas.

I picked this up the other day because I ran out of tea filters for making cold brews. It’s fluffy and mildly, generically fruity-smelling. Perhaps I should have used more leaf but the liquor is pale and the taste is on the weak side. Maybe a bit of berry but that’s it. It’s still nice to drink when it’s hot outside and you just want something cold to drink.

Would I repurchase? Not sure, but I’ll enjoy what I got.

Tealizzy

Wow, that sounds familiar. I had a graduate school advisor that made it hard for me to finish too. I pushed him though and started working.

Fjellrev

I’m so glad you won in the end. How long did it take you? I told myself not to give up since I made it this far, but based on the ongoing unprofessionalism and manipulation, this can drag on for another 6-12 months. Also, every single grad student except one has quit on her since she came here so I know I’m not alone.

OMGsrsly

Oh, that is so frustrating! I’m so sorry that was your experience. :/ However, I’m glad you’re back!

2067 tasting notes

Made in my timolino ‘cause I woke up with some pretty crappy cramps and this immediately came to mind. Bonus points, ’cause it’s really tasty too!

It had very juicy notes of raspberry and apples with a milder lemon flavour present in the aftertaste. It reminded me of a very light and gentle cider type drink. I really, really like this one; it’s just a shame that raspberry leaf is a thing that I probably should not be drinking on a really regular basis. Side note; apparently me and my coworker Bobbi are “synced up” so since she had terrible cramps too we had a “bonding moment” of sorts and split the timolino worth of this before our shifts started.

She actually really enjoyed it, and was just so amused that “period tea” is a real thing.

Flavors: Lemon, Raspberry, Red Apple

Starfevre

sounds awful. then again, my cramps usually require percocet. cramps suck.

Cheri

I stopped using my birth control (need to go see the lady doctor and just haven’t had time) and DANG. Crampy cramps and PMS like cray-cray. GAH!

Starfevre

hysterectomy in January, I"m looking forward to it so much you have no idea.

Amanda 'SoggyEnderman' Wilson

Cramps are the worst, mine were so bad this month that I kept blacking out…clearly I need a new lady tea. Also Starfevre so jealous of your hysterectomy!

Starfevre

it’s the end of a long long road. I ALREADY had myself sterilized and a failed endometrial ablation procedure. Too much scarring now to do much else but take it all out. Good thing I never wanted kids.

Amanda 'SoggyEnderman' Wilson

At least that will bring you relief! The doctors I have been to won’t remove mine or do any of the things that may ruin my chance to have kids…thanks guys, I never wanted kids and my periods are killing me, ugh. I am hoping once I am over 30 doctors will listen to me more, only a couple more years!

Wishing you a very swift post hysterectomy recovery!

Starfevre

I had to wait until I was over 30 and switched doctors 3 times between 30 and 31 before someone would listen to me. Don’t give up.

Amanda 'SoggyEnderman' Wilson

Sigh, so frustrating for us ladies who have killer periods and don’t want kids! I won’t give up, I just hope I find a doctor that will listen before I go the route of my mom and grandmother, they had to have emergency hysterectomies because when they went pre-menopausal they got severe menorrhagia, one of them ended up needing a blood transfusion for it. It is scary stuff!!

Cheri

It’s so frustrating that doctors think they know better than the patient what the patient wants. Keep trying. Keep advocating for yourself.

Anlina

I got so lucky to find an obgyn who was willing to give me a tubal at 23, with no fighting or treating me like an infant. I’m 32 now and looking at the possibility of having a hysterectomy and ovariectomy and I have my fingers crossed that this one will go as smoothly and easily as getting my tubal.

Taking magnesium seems to have taken my cramps from please-kill-me-now to almost non-existent, but having reproductive bits is still a liability that I don’t need.

Amanda 'SoggyEnderman' Wilson

Good luck Analina! I hope you are able to have them removed!

OMGsrsly

Ahh, the struggles of those of us who don’t want kids and have killer cramps. I describe them as having a swarm of tiny piranhas in my uterus. :) I’ll have to try more magnesium!

I tried this tea the other day due to the strong recommendation it received by a staff member. The smell of the dry tea was very sweet and fruity and that is what I had expected the tea itself to taste like. This tea failed to deliver the flavour and left me disappointed. The flavour was VERY mild and barely detectable- it actually tasted like the tea had been watered down. I wouldn’t recommend this tea as it simply fails to deliver.

Guess I’m the first to properly review this tea. Yay!

So I had this as my tea to go today. It was good. I have had red raspberry leaf tea, so I could pick that out of this blend, but the other ingredients do round the taste out nicely, I believe. I got 30g of it, and will have no trouble drinking it.

One note of caution…while red raspberry leave is an excellent female herb, and has great benefits to the uterus and pelvic region, caution should be given to those trying to conceive (tic). It is fine to drink to prepare for a pregnancy, especially where there is uterine weakness or previous miscarriage, it is not recommended by some to drink after ovulation. The toning action on the uterus in early pregnancy can actually lead to miscarriage (it is this same action that women in late pregnancy drink it for labour). There are some sources that say it is good for morning sickness though, or throughout the whole pregnancy…so use with caution if you are ttc or are in early pregnancy and check with your doctor or midwife.

ETA: This tea is super fluffy and light.

CHAroma

Thanks for the PSA! I’ll save this one till late in my third trimester. :)

Amariel

Yeah. I hear some women are fine to drink it right through, but it can potentially cause harm, so use caution and check with your doctor or midwife before drinking in the first and second trimesters. There is still conflicting info on it.

Dry Leaf Nose: Sweet raspberries with a faint herbal background

Liquor Colour: A reddish brown liquor with a definite sweet raspberry aroma with some herby notes

Flavour notes: A prominent ripe and sweet raspberry character shines through and is backed up by a sweet and herbal note, that adds interest

205 °F / 96 °C 7 min, 0 sec 1 tsp