Mighty Aphrodite (organic)

Raspberry, Red Apple
Caffeine Free
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “Hello, my friends. Long story short, I quit the MA program even though I've done everything up to and including the rough draft of my thesis, largely due to a controlling supervisor who isn't happy...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 765 tasting notes
  • “PERIOD TEA!? So time for some oversharing. Sorry in advance. Last week, my period was _really_ bad. I was super crampy, stiff and sore and it probably didn't help I'd just finished that awful...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1928 tasting notes
  • “I tried this tea the other day due to the strong recommendation it received by a staff member. The smell of the dry tea was very sweet and fruity and that is what I had expected the tea itself to...” Read full tasting note
    MooKiwi 154 tasting notes
  • “Guess I'm the first to properly review this tea. Yay! So I had this as my tea to go today. It was good. I have had red raspberry leaf tea, so I could pick that out of this blend, but the other...” Read full tasting note
    heathermartin 604 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Since the day we opened our doors, raspberry leaf has been our number one most-requested ingredient. Why? Because it’s a girl’s best friend, especially for soon-to-be moms. Seriously, there are tons of amazing benefits to explore…But we mostly love it for its sweet, herbal taste, especially in this calming blend of apple, rosehips, lemon balm and raspberries.It’s deliciously soothing, lightly fruity and super good-for-you.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Hello, my friends. Long story short, I quit the MA program even though I’ve done everything up to and including the rough draft of my thesis, largely due to a controlling supervisor who isn’t happy that I don’t want to go on to a PhD and was therefore making it very difficult for me to get this degree over with. Blah blah blah, that said, I’m back to enjoying other things in my life! Hope everyone has been super swell and enjoying all them wonderful teas.

I picked this up the other day because I ran out of tea filters for making cold brews. It’s fluffy and mildly, generically fruity-smelling. Perhaps I should have used more leaf but the liquor is pale and the taste is on the weak side. Maybe a bit of berry but that’s it. It’s still nice to drink when it’s hot outside and you just want something cold to drink.

Would I repurchase? Not sure, but I’ll enjoy what I got.

Tealizzy

Wow, that sounds familiar. I had a graduate school advisor that made it hard for me to finish too. I pushed him though and started working.

Fjellrev

I’m so glad you won in the end. How long did it take you? I told myself not to give up since I made it this far, but based on the ongoing unprofessionalism and manipulation, this can drag on for another 6-12 months. Also, every single grad student except one has quit on her since she came here so I know I’m not alone.

OMGsrsly

Oh, that is so frustrating! I’m so sorry that was your experience. :/ However, I’m glad you’re back!

1928 tasting notes

PERIOD TEA!?

So time for some oversharing. Sorry in advance.

Last week, my period was really bad. I was super crampy, stiff and sore and it probably didn’t help I’d just finished that awful week at work with all the extra hours. So when I went to DT I picked some of this one up because apparently “Raspberry Leaf” is a girl’s best friend? Or something to that nature. I mean, I always thought it was diamonds or dogs but hell, I’m ready to embrace raspberry leaf I suppose.

So after my date, this is what I immediately went and brewed up. Dry it’s actually super light and fluffy. Everything a period is not. Taste wise, this was actually really surprisingly delicious. It was gentle, but still really sweet and juicy with very prominent notes of raspberries and apples. I kinda got a “Gala Apple” vibe from the notes, but regardless it was definitely more red apple than green.

And, I don’t know if it’s because of the raspberry leaf – but the next day my cramps and tenderness were significantly less painful then they had been all week prior. So maybe raspberry leaf is a girl’s best friend.

Flavors: Raspberry, Red Apple

mj

Interesting….

I tried this tea the other day due to the strong recommendation it received by a staff member. The smell of the dry tea was very sweet and fruity and that is what I had expected the tea itself to taste like. This tea failed to deliver the flavour and left me disappointed. The flavour was VERY mild and barely detectable- it actually tasted like the tea had been watered down. I wouldn’t recommend this tea as it simply fails to deliver.

Guess I’m the first to properly review this tea. Yay!

So I had this as my tea to go today. It was good. I have had red raspberry leaf tea, so I could pick that out of this blend, but the other ingredients do round the taste out nicely, I believe. I got 30g of it, and will have no trouble drinking it.

One note of caution…while red raspberry leave is an excellent female herb, and has great benefits to the uterus and pelvic region, caution should be given to those trying to conceive (tic). It is fine to drink to prepare for a pregnancy, especially where there is uterine weakness or previous miscarriage, it is not recommended by some to drink after ovulation. The toning action on the uterus in early pregnancy can actually lead to miscarriage (it is this same action that women in late pregnancy drink it for labour). There are some sources that say it is good for morning sickness though, or throughout the whole pregnancy…so use with caution if you are ttc or are in early pregnancy and check with your doctor or midwife.

ETA: This tea is super fluffy and light.

CHAroma

Thanks for the PSA! I’ll save this one till late in my third trimester. :)

Amariel

Yeah. I hear some women are fine to drink it right through, but it can potentially cause harm, so use caution and check with your doctor or midwife before drinking in the first and second trimesters. There is still conflicting info on it.

Dry Leaf Nose: Sweet raspberries with a faint herbal background

Liquor Colour: A reddish brown liquor with a definite sweet raspberry aroma with some herby notes

Flavour notes: A prominent ripe and sweet raspberry character shines through and is backed up by a sweet and herbal note, that adds interest

205 °F / 96 °C 7 min, 0 sec 1 tsp