White Chocolate Raspberry

Green White Blend
Hay, Raspberry, Vegetal, Berries
Edit tea info Last updated by Stephanie

• “Made this into tea syrup for sodas...my husband loves it! I got some raspberry sorbet recently and it tastes just like it. Don't come to this tea expecting to taste a high quality, fancy base tea....” Read full tasting note
    paradigmamnesia 835 tasting notes
  • “I can definitely smell the white chocolate and the raspberry. Upon taste, a hint of raspberry and the chocolate. Maybe i'll try steeping this for a little bit longer but I do like this tea! It's...” Read full tasting note
    Egnirys 121 tasting notes
  • “The dry leaf of this tea has a lot of interest. The green leaves are long and slightly fluffy, and they appear to have been rolled into little cigarette shapes. I don't see much white tea in here...” Read full tasting note
    CameronB 216 tasting notes
  • “This came with a sampler pack I picked out from Della Terra. I'm just getting into tea, and trying TONS of varieties out there. Yay! In the sample bag, you can see ton of red powder - either dried...” Read full tasting note
    Kokabel 38 tasting notes

From Della Terra Teas

The simple thought of white chocolate paired with fresh, delicious raspberry just invites one to imagine a perfect Valentine’s treat. Delicious, creamy and just right for your sweetie, or sweet tooth!

Ingredients: Pai Mu Tan white tea, green tea, white chocolate flavor, white chocolate chunks, raspberries and raspberry flavor*

Allergens: contains dairy, soy. For more allergy info visit our FAQ

Suggested brewing tips:

Serving Size: 1 tsp./6oz serving

Water Temp: 158-167°F

Steep Time: 1-3 minutes

*Tea add-in ingredients subject to change.

About Della Terra Teas View company

Made this into tea syrup for sodas…my husband loves it! I got some raspberry sorbet recently and it tastes just like it. Don’t come to this tea expecting to taste a high quality, fancy base tea. Just expect juicy raspberry deliciousness!

Flavors: Berries

MissB

Talk to me about how to make tea into sodas? Cold steep super strong and then add it like flavoring after to the seltzer water? We one of the Soda Streams from my sister, and I’m curious how tea soda works.

Stephanie

I hot steep triple strong and then simmer with 1/2-1 cup of sugar depending on how sweet I want it. Chill it. Then add a couple of tablespoons to a glass of cold soda water!

teamore

Great tip!

Starfevre

How much water do you simmer with the sugar?

I can definitely smell the white chocolate and the raspberry. Upon taste, a hint of raspberry and the chocolate. Maybe i’ll try steeping this for a little bit longer but I do like this tea! It’s very light and would be perfect after a large meal. I normally don’t like sweet teas, but the raspberry balances this out well. I wish I could taste more of the base, but maybe if I steep it for a bit longer it would improve.

The dry leaf of this tea has a lot of interest. The green leaves are long and slightly fluffy, and they appear to have been rolled into little cigarette shapes. I don’t see much white tea in here – there appear to be a few scattered silver needles and some of the smaller leaf pieces could be bai mudan, but I’m not sure. There are pink rose petals and little squares of what looks like almond. There’s a decent amount of dehydrated raspberry that is broken into small pieces, which is a good idea in my opinion. The mini white chocolate chips are few and far between, much to my dismay. It smells strongly of tart raspberry (the exact scent reminds me of some raspberry candy… Jolly Rancher maybe?) with some musty green and hay in the background. I used a heaping teaspoon and brewed for 3 minutes at 175.

The brew smells vegetal with the same tart raspberry scent and little bit of hay. The taste is similar to the smell. I like this raspberry flavor even though it’s not entirely a genuine flavor. It’s tart and pleasing and it doesn’t entirely overpower the vegetal taste of the tea. However, I get zero white chocolate taste out of this, even though I made sure that there were a couple chips included in my teaspoon of tea. This makes me very sad because I was really looking forward to the raspberry and white chocolate combination… This is a fairly tasty raspberry green tea, but even with sugar I don’t taste any chocolate. Shame.

Flavors: Hay, Raspberry, Vegetal

This came with a sampler pack I picked out from Della Terra. I’m just getting into tea, and trying TONS of varieties out there. Yay!

In the sample bag, you can see ton of red powder – either dried raspberries or raspberry flavoring? I steeped this once, and gave the cup to my very eager boyfriend. I took a sip of his, but did not drink the entire cup of the first steeping. And since I’m lazy, I just re-steeped the tea for my own second cup.

Very diluted, doesn’t re-steep well at all. But! It was still pleasant, but the flavorings got washed out in the first steep.

So I’ll try to judge based on the first cup. It was very sweet, and raspberry-y. But there was something kind of… off about the flavor. I’m wondering if it’s just how Della Terra flavors their tea. I’ll see if the others in my sample pack taste similar. I’m thinking it has to do with the white chocolate, coming across as a fake-candy taste that coats my tongue a little strangely. This also happened with the Smores blend, but again it’s a sweeter blend.

This was enjoyable to drink, and the boyfriend really really loved it. Just not my personal favorite.