Banana Black Tea

Black Fruit Blend
banana, Chocolate, Root Beer
Edit tea info Last updated by Debbie

2 Images

• “Got this as a free sample. Its not bad. Not sure why it gets such harsh reviews. No its not like Davids Tea and does not have a ton of flavor oils in it and no banana pieces floating about but it...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes
  • “Not sure how I feel on this one. My first cup came out weak so I waited a few days to try again. Added more tea to the cup & let it steep a little longer the second time & it had a funky chemical...” Read full tasting note
    SunnyinNY 52 tasting notes
  • “Steep Information: Amount: 3 heaping teaspoons (very hard to scoop from that little tin when it was so full) Additives: none Water: 1 teapot full filtered boiling Steep Time: a little over 2...” Read full tasting note
    amazonv 709 tasting notes
  • “Well this tea isn't bad, and certainly undeserving of the reviews it has on here. Like most reviewers, got this as a free sample when ordering something else. I think the problems arise with the...” Read full tasting note
    Cwyn 52 tasting notes

From EnjoyingTea.com

This tea is made from top grade orange pekoe Ceylon with natural banana flavoring. The Ceylon tea is grown at the altitude of 7000 feet above sea level from the Sri Lanka region. When brewed this tea produces a bright coppery color liquid with a freshly peeled banana flavor and with touches of mild astringency. A fantastic fruit tea.

About EnjoyingTea.com View company

Got this as a free sample. Its not bad. Not sure why it gets such harsh reviews. No its not like Davids Tea and does not have a ton of flavor oils in it and no banana pieces floating about but it is smooth, non astringent, no bitterness and it tastes slightly of fresh ripe banana. The flavor however IS lacking a bit. Still its not bad just a subtle tea. I would not buy it again as there are many other teas I would prefer more but its not terrible.

Not sure how I feel on this one.
My first cup came out weak so I waited a few days to try again. Added more tea to the cup & let it steep a little longer the second time & it had a funky chemical taste to it. Oddly enough, the smell during brewing was good. Made me think of warm banana bread baking.

The second cup did not impress me.

So I waited again a few more days & tried a third cup.
Still not convinced I like it. I want to like it because I love the idea of the banana flavoring, but this does not work for me.

Steep Information:
Additives: none
Water: 1 teapot full filtered boiling
Steep Time: a little over 2 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: black tea, chemical
Steeped Tea Smell: black tea, maybe banana
Flavor: black tea, bitter, a hint of banana
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: fruity, bitter
Liquor: translucent orange-brown

I have my head cold still, perhaps this was over brewed? regardless I can’t find the banana and there is this weird fake chemical tinge to it. I am glad this was a small sampler.

Next time I will have to try less leaf and / or less steep time.

This time around I ended up tossing the rest of the pot after the first two cups.

The leaves themselves look full and high quality, but the flavor has that odd chemical tinge I am not liking.

Post-Steep Additives: none

Well this tea isn’t bad, and certainly undeserving of the reviews it has on here. Like most reviewers, got this as a free sample when ordering something else. I think the problems arise with the steeping parameters, this one doesn’t work English style and it won’t work done grandpa either. Nope, leave your horse and carriage at home. Takes a puerh drinker riding in on a yak to the rescue and show these people how it’s done.

It’s done by gongfu, and yes in an unglazed clay pot. In this case Jian Shui, but any dedicated black tea unglazed clay pot will work. 5 grams (which is a lot of loose leaf) and 100 ml. As in small cup, around what 4 oz tops. Do a RINSE. I’ll say it again: do a Rinse. By Rinse I mean fill the tiny clay pot with boiling water over the tea and then pour it off. Water your tea pets with the rinse. Then fill the pot again and steep 15-20 seconds, pour into your cup.

The results? Delicious. This loose leaf has dried banana bits, they don’t taste like anything. Main profile for me is floral black tea, a rather good roast in fact. Chocolate and root beer whiffs. Slight bitter with short 20 secs 2nd steep but long sweet aftertaste.

This is pretty good actually.

Flavors: banana, Chocolate, Root Beer

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 5 g 3 OZ / 100 ML

I like this tea..not too strong, but it does have a natural banana flavor. It’s subtle, but all the flavors come out. My impression would be any more banana flavor and it might taste too unnatural…and at what point do you want the flavor or the tea? Needs a little sweetener, though to bring out the banana flavor.
I should try it cold