Piccadilly Blend

Edit tea info Last updated by NofarS

From Fortnum & Mason

Recreate the experience of taking tea at Fortnum’s with this characteristically refreshing and invigorating Ceylon blend. Equally superb served with ice in the summer, whether in Piccadilly itself or on the lawn of an English country garden.

Taste and Strength
Lively, brisk and refreshing

When to Drink
Best in the afternoon
Origin
Ceylon
Brewing Information
Use boiling water and brew for 3-5 minutes depending on taste. Serve with milk or brew lighter and drink without milk.
Storage advice
Airtight container, preferably a tea caddy.

About Fortnum & Mason View company

I had another cup of this last night, with milk. Ceylon has been used to death, and so many tea lovers have fallen out of love with it. Buy good Ceylons are versatile, if a little astringent, friends, and they make wonderfully fragrant brews, both hot and cold, with milk or without. They are also make for an unobtrusive base for any home-made blend that you want to make, and go well with lemon, Moroccan mint, mint, oranges, etc. This tea is my favourite BOP Ceylon blend, and is fantastically well behaved and dependable. And I just love the very “tea” smell of it when I open the caddy.
Don’t give up on Ceylons just yet, that is all that I’m saying. They are the bread and butter of tea, IMHO.

gmathis

I’m glad to see another supporter of a decent Ceylon. It does get a bad rap, doesn’t it?

NofarS

It does, and I think that it’s probably because it’s been overused, and not used well.

i’ll have to see if i can find this hear just to try it out :)

sipdown! so um…maybe i don’t like ceylon? lol I couldn’t drink this one and i had been super careful to steep it for less than my usual amount of time. It was just TOOOOO brisk, even for me. Ah well, you can’t win ’em all…but you CAN win the SIPOFF! cough well ONE of us can….

where you at terri? lol

Ysaurella

is this from a mini serie of 6 boxes from F&M ?

I’m not sure. NofarS sent it to terri who sent some to me :(

Sipdown #2, from NofarS, thanks!

Admittedly, I am not a Ceylon fan. Something about Ceylons isn’t particularly pleasant for me, maybe astringency? It’s also the taste. It reminds me of the iced tea of my youth. I took a few sips, & put the rest in the fridge for later. What I really wanted was an Assam…

Wow! A great anytime-of-day tea!

My No1 Ceylon B.O.F. blend!!!