Black Fruit Herbal Blend
Black Tea Leaves, Guajillo Chile Peppers, Organic Cacao Nibs, Saigon Cinnamon
High
Edit tea info Last updated by hapatite

• “A while back Handmade Tea was featured on one of those flash sale sites, and I ordered this from that sale. This was apparently their tea of the month for March, but they remade a batch for the...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4231 tasting notes

From Handmade Tea

The MVP of Balché is an earthy and smoky black tea from the Yunnan Province of China that finishes naturally with a touch of cocoa. It is then followed up with diced Guajillo chile peppers adding a sweet fruitiness and just a kiss of heat as they are only rated 2,500 to 5,000 on the Scoville scale. Finally, in traditional Mayan fashion we added a combination of Saigon Cinnamon and organic Cacao Nibs, not only to keep up with Mayan theme, but to compliment the base tea as well.

About Handmade Tea View company

A while back Handmade Tea was featured on one of those flash sale sites, and I ordered this from that sale. This was apparently their tea of the month for March, but they remade a batch for the sale. It is a combination of Yunnan black tea, Guajillo Chile Peppers, Saigon Cinnamon and Cacao Nibs.

I was a little hesitant with the first sip. As much as I love spicy food and drink, I am always a little worried it will be too spicy and flames will shoot out my nose or something. However, this isn’t really too spicy at all. The heat develops, with the first couple of sips tasting relatively tame. As I continue to sip, I feel the heat develop a bit on the back of the palate, but it never becomes an overwhelmingly SPICY kind of tea. It’s gentle and warming, and even soothing. Comfortable.

A very pleasant cup of tea. I am really liking this.