All India Blend

Edit tea info Last updated by Ryan Burress

From Harney & Sons

All India tea melds India’s three great tea regions into a smooth, flavorful blend. We include fragrant Darjeeling, hearty Assam and brisk Nilgiri to make a superb brew for breakfast or any time.

www.harney.com

About Harney & Sons View company

Another well balanced, smoother-than-expected-but-still-classic-tea-taste morning blend from Harney. A little more interest here than in the very straightforward, almost bland (but not weak!) Stanley’s Blend, and a pleasure to drink first thing, but again, Harney’s got so many fantastic invigorating and delicious morning teas I don’t need to order this one. I am generally not a fan of Nilgiri so I do appreciate how here it’s helping balance things, a neat trick. Harney does such a consistently bang up job generating the appealing flavor of legacy-style teas while managing to tame the usually inevitable corresponding bitterness, astringency, tannin, bite. Where you still get to taste the good balancing parts of those components but little to none of their potential unpleasantness. I really admire their blending skills.

This is a wonderfully smooth blend of Assam, Nilgiri, and Darjeeling teas that makes a perfect morning tea.

niharika

Agreed. I feel like my day goes by smoother after a cup of my favourite tea.

Another distinctive blend by Harney and Sons! Probably the most complex of the teas of theirs that I have tried: it has the fruity floral taste of the Darjeeling, the rich body of the Assam, and something else which tastes somewhat like Ceylon, and is probably the Nilgiri (which I have not tasted before, either in a blend or by itself). The three flavors go together well, and the finish is somewhat dry and astringent, but not overly so.

momo

Good you give it high marks, I’ve been thinking about buying this one!

This is a smooth, dry, slightly smoky blend. The taste is at first round and bright, then becomes slightly dark and sweet. It leaves a bit of a smoky aftertaste. It’s a little too dry for me but a little cream and sugar help balance the flavor. I steeped this cup for five minutes; shorter steep time may limit the dry and smoky elements. It has a lot of character and complexity and is worth a taste.

Very smooth. Great tea.

Drank it black once, and I would buy it if I see it again. Has a distinct flavor and smell to it, hard to describe, but I really, really liked it a lot.