English Breakfast

Edit tea info Last updated by TeaParT

• “This was the tea offered at my training session this morning. It was a choice between Green Tea Orient, Chamomile, and English Breakfast. All of them Lipton. I went for this one purely because, of...” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 1088 tasting notes
  • “1 bag per 250mL water, bare. So I tried this tea at a hospital cafeteria yesterday morning, thinking it simply had to be better than the ubiquitous-in-Newfoundland Tetley. (At least the Tetley...” Read full tasting note
    MButlerHallett 519 tasting notes
  • “I had this at a friend's house. I had difficulty finding a description for this tea at the Lipton website. I think that it is part of their Specialty Tea Bags for their Food Service line. It did...” Read full tasting note
    TeaParT 86 tasting notes
  • “How i got it: Bought It (Lipton’s Assorted Pack) Experience: This one, along with the Royal Ceylon, maybe can justify the Assorted Pack. It has a smooth and lightly acidic aroma, and an intense...” Read full tasting note
    ChrisSen 59 tasting notes

From Lipton

Product description not available yet.

About Lipton View company

It's Lipton,. They're pretty big.

This was the tea offered at my training session this morning. It was a choice between Green Tea Orient, Chamomile, and English Breakfast. All of them Lipton. I went for this one purely because, of the three, it’s what I prefer. I feel most comfortable with black tea in the morning, too.

This is okay, as black bagged teas go. It’s nothing fabulous, but it’s not awful either. I’d drink it when there’s nothing else, and happily — some tea is better than absolutely no tea, after all. That’s all I can really say for it, though. In the end, I half wished I’d gone for the green. The water in the urns wasn’t really boiling anymore, and would probably have been better suited to a green. Not that my experiences of bagged greens have been good, so maybe I made the right choice after all. Another one to chalk up to experience!

1 bag per 250mL water, bare.

So I tried this tea at a hospital cafeteria yesterday morning, thinking it simply had to be better than the ubiquitous-in-Newfoundland Tetley. (At least the Tetley bags available were the indidivually sealed ones, which do taste marginally better than the bags in the big box.) Not just Lipton tea, oh no, but Sir Thomas Lipton Tea. And not just “tea,” either, but a “robust” English Breakfast. Made from Northern Indian and Kenyan teas, sez the packet.

Ye gods.

Not even fannings but tea dust. Okay, I need to expect that. But no flavour! It was mean tea. Thin. Even after 5 minutes. Stingy. So astringent as to be almost sour. And no malt notes. No “tea” taste.

Couldn’t get more than one quarter of the way in before I tossed it.

I’d have been better off with Tetley.

I had this at a friend’s house. I had difficulty finding a description for this tea at the Lipton website. I think that it is part of their Specialty Tea Bags for their Food Service line. It did not taste like an English Breakfast but was a nice cup of black tea to sip while two friends chat.

How i got it: Bought It (Lipton’s Assorted Pack)

Experience: This one, along with the Royal Ceylon, maybe can justify the Assorted Pack. It has a smooth and lightly acidic aroma, and an intense and pungent taste, varying from malty to softly bitter. I think it has character, but i missed a clearer, better defined taste. Mild astringency. Better than i thought.

Would i buy it again?: In its current form (teabag) maybe not, but i would surely try a loose leaf version.