Black Powder Blend

Black Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Ricky

From Luka Te m.m.

A secret blend,

Contains english breakfast blend, green tea and lapsang souchong. A wonderful strong blend that will put hair on your chest.

About Luka Te m.m. View company

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! After the sadness of using the last of this yesterday, I have today been fortunate enough to leave work some 3½ hours early due to extreme boredom. By around noon we had received the grand total of ONE sample, so we drew lots on who got to leave early.

On the way home, I stopped in at my local shop in the intention of stocking up on this one. I have stocked up. BOY, have I stocked up!!! O.o Turns out I’m pretty much the only person who buys it, so they took it off the shelf to be discontinued. They had some half of a sales tin left of it in the back, and the guy made me an offer I couldn’t refuse. He let me buy the lot and when that runs out, all I have to do is stop in and say, and he’ll order another lb for me the next time they order stuff home AND he promised he would try to get a little discount for me. Everybody say awesomesauce!!

Yeah, I just bought 1½ lbs of tea. Of just one blend. Tin has been filled, Great Big Bag of Tea has been safely stowed away in a suitable place.

And I am celebrating with a cup. Right now.

Rating is already in top, but if it hadn’t been, I’d have given it a notch upwards for awesome customer service.

That sounds like a word to add to the Steepster Dictionary post in the forums! LOL

I can’t take credit for it though. It’s one I’ve picked up elsewhere on the interwebs. I just like it because it sounds good to say. :)

It doesn’t have to be an original! LOL

Awesomesauce indeed!

Serious awesomesauce! Going home early, the shop telling you they’ll order tea just for you? If that’s not a day full of win, I want to know what is.

They took over the shop in the fall, maybe the previous owner told them about me. :p Or maybe it was my O.o face when I thought they didn’t have any. (Or maybe he just wanted to get rid of his leftovers and isn’t really counting on me ever coming back to ask for more once I’ve worked my way through so much of it :p )

You’ll have to share the wealth with some of your fellow Steepsterites, we don’t want it going bad on you after all….. ;)

Happy belated Awesomesauce! o

Phil Hovatter

Awesomesauce, indeed! I’m a big believer in buying gobs of things I like and use — when the price is right. I just bought a pound of my beloved Adagio peach oolong, six ounces of Gunpowder, and some other things. Supposed to arrive today. I sit by the door and wait…

Angrboda was kind enough to send me a generous sample of this tea and I was terribly curious to see what it was like, so I decided to brew up a cup of it tonight. First of the all the dry tea practically reeked of campfire/BBQ and the smell permeated the house as I steeped it. I think my nose became habituated because I couldn’t smell it after awhile steeping, but the boyfriend-creature walked in the door, gave me a look and said “You’re making that smokey tea, aren’t you?”.

I was pretty worried at that point since Lapsang Souchong tastes like liquid BBQ to my palate and I was worried that this tea would have a similar flavour as, from the smell of it, it obviously has a large helping of that particular chinese tea in it.

Much to my relief it wasn’t nearly that bad – the smokiness was about on par with the Russian Caravan I got from Murchies recently. There’s a distinctly green note in the middle of each mouthful that I think serves to mellow the flavour.

It’s a really interesting blend, thank you Angrboda! :)

You’re welcome. :)

So, no less than three people at work have wrinkled their nose today at this lovely, smoky deliciousness of a tea. Rich, heavy and smoky, smoky, smoky. Ah. So tasty. They can wrinkle their noses all they like. I will reveal in the smoke.

that happens in my kab too. :D

Hehe! At least one coworker now seems to have a horrible fascination with smelling my tea. I can’t figure out if he likes the smoky smell or if he just thinks it is too weird not to sniff.

maybe he’s working up the courage to ask if he can have a sip. :)

I was thinking that too! I’ve offered to make him a cup before but I think the tea I offered it on was too different so he passed. At one point with a different tea I got the idea he had been hoping to try that one but I didn’t think to offer then. Maybe I just need to always offer to make him a cup!

I woke up with this this morning and BOY oh BOY was it smokey! WOW!! The hotter the water the smokier it seems to get!

What a delicious blend! I’m swooning with delight. Many many thanks to Angrboda for introducing me to this tea. I love smoky teas and this one refuses to wimp out. It’s a strong and serious drink with smoldering yet clear intentions. This tea offers uncompromising deliciousness to all lovers of smoky tea. Many Lapsang Souchong blends tend to add sweetness or lightness to the mix but this one reinforces and enhances the strong smoke.

Absolutely, devastatingly perfect—a tea to love!

Now that’s a great review of this tea!!!! :)

Angrboda is so sweet letting so many of us try this, isn’t she? LOVE IT

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

Congrats Doulton! This is a Featured tealog.

oo congrats!