Jingle Bells

Alcohol, Artificial, Bitter, Candy, Champagne, Drying, Grapes, Sweet, Smooth
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

2 Images

From Lupicia

A black tea scented with refreshing grapes and fruity champagne.

About Lupicia View company

This SMELLS so GOOD! Yum!

Citrus notes with a creamy undertone. A lot like a creamsicle – with tea! And as good as it smells, it tastes even better. The citrus tones are sweet with just enough tart to keep it interesting but not too much. The creamy yogurt flavor gives it a smooth, rich taste and texture. The black tea is bright but fairly mellow. A nice afternoon tea.

I am not sure if Lupicia changes the recipe for this tea from time to time? Cos the description on my Jingle Bells tea tin says “a black tea scented with refreshing grapes and fruity champagne”, which is completely to the description shown above.

The Jingle Bells tea that I have just brewed does tastes of grapes instead of creamy or citrusy. It in many ways resembles Bonne Nuit, another Lupicia blend with grape and champagne flavours, but the latter is sweeter because it is scented with berries as well. It feels a bit strange to drink Bonne Nuit hot, as if you are drinking a hot fruit cocktail. But I don’t have this problem with Jingle Bells – it’s enjoyable when hot but it will be a nice iced tea too. The grape flavour is kinda like what you get in grape soda drink, but far less artificial and sickly. Kids or kidults will probably like this ;)

Nice fruity smell…sweet, grape taste. It’s nice but not something I’d buy a lot of. I didn’t add any sugar to it but it tasted like there might be some candy in the mix.

Grape. Yup lots of grape! really sweet, like a candy. I adore this when hot. Seriously. It was so good! but then it cooled and I started to notice that bubblegum note. Ugh. I really don’t like that as it is so standard and boring. Oh well. I had a few good sips at the very least!

As soon as I ripped open the bag a sweet fruity fragrance hit me in the face. Slightly floral but mainly fruity. Kinda fake fruity fruity though which I dock points for.

Smells and tastes just like grape medicine, yuck.

I just learned that I don’t like champagne teas…

So, I was working on my review of this when my phone decided to refresh the page for me. It’s not at all easy to type on here, especially when the touch screen refuses to cooperate. I was thinking about the other teas that I tried from Lupicia that were also grape flavored.

The three teas all smell like Kasugai gummies, which I like. It’s slighly artificial in that it reminds me more of the candy than the fruit. The black tea base makes it more subtle, but it isn’t a very bitter tea. The grape is more of a hint than a full flavor.

I find this tea more agreeable than the decaf Muscat, but miss the jasmine in Napa Blanc. I think grape tastes better in green tea, though it could be even better in oolong. It is rather pleasant, though comparably as subtle as Carol. It doesn’t remind me as much of princesses or little girls in Victorian children’s novels.

Summer. Ugh.
My significant other and myself have a merry little argument about which is worse, excessive heat or excessive cold. He maintains that winter is the worst, and that he hates to be cold more than anything. But his level of whining when its hot gives lie to that.
I maintain that summer is the worst, especially around here. The sky is painful, and there is nothing you can do, when you are outside, to make things cooler for yourself. Its all suffering all the time. In the winter there are sweaters, and scarves, and tea. Warming up is easier than cooling down.
This is my round about way of saying its going to be 105 today, and so I’m drinking this fruity cup of tea, and then resigning myself to a fate of no tea for most of the rest of the day.

I’m with you. give me cold versus hot any day. ESP when you get hot and humid. ugh

Evol Ving Ness

Maddy Barone

I’m with you. It gets darned cold here in the winter, but I LOVE to put on my sweats or flannel and curl up to read with a cup of hot tea. I HATE heat and humidity. Either alone is torture. Put them together, and you feel like you’re living in Satan’s armpit.

I’ll take the heat pls!

I’m probably biased because I don’t live somewhere that gets really cold. (Its never snowed here), but the heat is blistering.

i’ve lived in -40 celcius weather and this humid armpit of +40 celcius…and i will take the frigid cold every time.

Maddy Barone

Sorry Indigobloom looks like you’re in the minority. But I think you’re lucky to be able to enjoy what many others hate.

And Rosehips 105 is quite unusual for North Dakota, but not unheard of. Our average high in July is like 84. Which is 15 degrees warmer than I like. Not that I’m dying for the -30 F, but -10 sounds nice.

I’m with Indigobloom – will take the heat over the cold anytime. I don’t understand easier to warm up than cool off. Once I’m cold – like really cold, there is no warming up, shivering sitting in a scalding hot bath – cooling off is easy – any store here is so cold you are instantly an ice cube, shade takes the edge off the sun, cold drinks, ice – lots of options. I understand to each their own, and what you consider extreme temps. In my world -40C + windchill is not uncommon, +30C plus humidity is also not uncommon.

YES! What Dexter says. Cooling off? much easier than warming up, and I can still think straight. If my teeth are chattering, I get sleepy and fidgety. Plus I really do love being warm. It doesn’t get too hot for my tolerance very often. Heck I’ve been drinking both hot and cold tea this summer, depending on my mood… usually not the weather :)

Pretty sure this one was from kittenna this one is potent – super grape smell. brewed up, this is grapey but there’s a floral scent under it. it tastes like a floral sort of champagne like tea. I LOVE the smell but the taste of this one is better in the after taste than in the actual sip. lol Not a fan but i’m glad to have tried it.

I’m totally the same way with this. I wish it just tasted like it smells.