Jingle Bells

Candy, Champagne, Grapes, Smooth, Sweet
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

2 Images

• “This SMELLS so GOOD! Yum! Citrus notes with a creamy undertone. A lot like a creamsicle - with tea! And as good as it smells, it tastes even better. The citrus tones are sweet with just...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4624 tasting notes
  • “I am not sure if Lupicia changes the recipe for this tea from time to time? Cos the description on my Jingle Bells tea tin says "a black tea scented with refreshing grapes and fruity champagne",...” Read full tasting note
    larukucafe 318 tasting notes
  • “Yay! I'm allowing myself to try one of my new *Lupicia* holiday teas just because I've only tried two so far and I'm still so excited for the rest of them. This one is a grape and champagne...” Read full tasting note
    CameronB 827 tasting notes
  • “I love the grape flavor of this tea, and the champagne gives in a brightness that's really refreshing. I usually buy a few bags when it's available for a limited time around Christmas.” Read full tasting note
    camytang 6 tasting notes

From Lupicia

A black tea scented with refreshing grapes and fruity champagne.

About Lupicia View company

This SMELLS so GOOD! Yum!

Citrus notes with a creamy undertone. A lot like a creamsicle – with tea! And as good as it smells, it tastes even better. The citrus tones are sweet with just enough tart to keep it interesting but not too much. The creamy yogurt flavor gives it a smooth, rich taste and texture. The black tea is bright but fairly mellow. A nice afternoon tea.

I am not sure if Lupicia changes the recipe for this tea from time to time? Cos the description on my Jingle Bells tea tin says “a black tea scented with refreshing grapes and fruity champagne”, which is completely to the description shown above.

The Jingle Bells tea that I have just brewed does tastes of grapes instead of creamy or citrusy. It in many ways resembles Bonne Nuit, another Lupicia blend with grape and champagne flavours, but the latter is sweeter because it is scented with berries as well. It feels a bit strange to drink Bonne Nuit hot, as if you are drinking a hot fruit cocktail. But I don’t have this problem with Jingle Bells – it’s enjoyable when hot but it will be a nice iced tea too. The grape flavour is kinda like what you get in grape soda drink, but far less artificial and sickly. Kids or kidults will probably like this ;)

Yay! I’m allowing myself to try one of my new Lupicia holiday teas just because I’ve only tried two so far and I’m still so excited for the rest of them. This one is a grape and champagne flavored black tea. The black tea leaves vary a lot, so much so that I think this may be a blend of one or more types. There are teeny tiny flower buds mixed in, I’ve seen them before in Den’s Sakura Sencha I believe? There are also a few scant pieces of dried fruit, it resembles cranberries but who knows for sure. I can also see some tiny little stems with leaves on them, not sure if that’s some foliage from the same plant as the flowers or what. Dry scent is powerful grape soda or candy.

Once the tea is steeped, I can still smell the grape but it’s nowhere near as strong. It still smells very sweet, however. Mine did come out the tiniest bit bitter, but it’s actually not unpleasant, and I’m sure it could be avoided by shortening the steep time to say, 3.5 minutes or so. The black base is unobtrusive and smooth, and I can taste a certain effervescent quality that I attribute to the champagne. The grape flavor is deep and sweet, like grape candies, and there’s a tiny bit of floral at the end of the sip. Overall, I can absolutely see why this one is a holiday tea – it reminds me of drinking sparkling grape juice! :)

Flavors: Candy, Champagne, Grapes, Smooth, Sweet

The Cookie Lady

This is going to be my New Year’s tea :) I think it is so cool how that champagne quality can make it actually feel sparkly on your tongue. I love it!

I love the grape flavor of this tea, and the champagne gives in a brightness that’s really refreshing. I usually buy a few bags when it’s available for a limited time around Christmas.

In addition to Devilish’s review, “a black tea scented with refreshing grapes and fruity champagne” is the description that Lupicia had on the sampler tin that I purchased as part of their holiday teas pack. It’s a great citrusy black tea — not too aciditic at all. The grape notes in this tea do wonders to lift the darkness of the tea. I could’ve done with a little less sweetness.

I didn’t know that they put some ‘yogurt’ in this tea! lol BTW this winter holiday tea taste like a ‘winter holiday tea’. Very sweet. I usually prefer straight tea so I don’t drink this tea that much, but I sometimes drink this for milk tea. Quiet lovely tea I guess.