Jingle Bells

Candy, Champagne, Grapes, Smooth, Sweet
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.
Boiling 2 min, 45 sec 7 oz / 207 ml

2 Images

From Lupicia

A black tea scented with refreshing grapes and fruity champagne.

About Lupicia View company

This SMELLS so GOOD! Yum!

Citrus notes with a creamy undertone. A lot like a creamsicle – with tea! And as good as it smells, it tastes even better. The citrus tones are sweet with just enough tart to keep it interesting but not too much. The creamy yogurt flavor gives it a smooth, rich taste and texture. The black tea is bright but fairly mellow. A nice afternoon tea.

I am not sure if Lupicia changes the recipe for this tea from time to time? Cos the description on my Jingle Bells tea tin says “a black tea scented with refreshing grapes and fruity champagne”, which is completely to the description shown above.

The Jingle Bells tea that I have just brewed does tastes of grapes instead of creamy or citrusy. It in many ways resembles Bonne Nuit, another Lupicia blend with grape and champagne flavours, but the latter is sweeter because it is scented with berries as well. It feels a bit strange to drink Bonne Nuit hot, as if you are drinking a hot fruit cocktail. But I don’t have this problem with Jingle Bells – it’s enjoyable when hot but it will be a nice iced tea too. The grape flavour is kinda like what you get in grape soda drink, but far less artificial and sickly. Kids or kidults will probably like this ;)

So, I was working on my review of this when my phone decided to refresh the page for me. It’s not at all easy to type on here, especially when the touch screen refuses to cooperate. I was thinking about the other teas that I tried from Lupicia that were also grape flavored.

The three teas all smell like Kasugai gummies, which I like. It’s slighly artificial in that it reminds me more of the candy than the fruit. The black tea base makes it more subtle, but it isn’t a very bitter tea. The grape is more of a hint than a full flavor.

I find this tea more agreeable than the decaf Muscat, but miss the jasmine in Napa Blanc. I think grape tastes better in green tea, though it could be even better in oolong. It is rather pleasant, though comparably as subtle as Carol. It doesn’t remind me as much of princesses or little girls in Victorian children’s novels.

The sister project to my sipdown mission is to drink the teas that I haven’t yet tried, and are sitting around in my cupboard, looking sad.
Lupicia, in my opinion, are the masters of fruit flavors. They make the crispest, lightest fruit teas of any I’ve tried.
I opened the little mini tin of this, and holy grapes, batman! I can only describe it as Champagne Rose, but with grapes instead of roses. Light, sparkily crisp.
Brewed, I’m getting a touch of bitter, which, to be frank, is probably my fault. I did not watch my steep time too close.
I’ll reserve my ranking for now, and fiddle around with it a bit more.

Stephanie

Lupicia is really good with fruit. Chocolate and nuts have been more iffy…

Pretty sure this one was from kittenna this one is potent – super grape smell. brewed up, this is grapey but there’s a floral scent under it. it tastes like a floral sort of champagne like tea. I LOVE the smell but the taste of this one is better in the after taste than in the actual sip. lol Not a fan but i’m glad to have tried it.

Cavocorax

I’m totally the same way with this. I wish it just tasted like it smells.

Holy grape. I can see why this managed to contaminate VariaTEA’s other Lupicia teas, because it is POTENT. However, it’s also pretty good (though won’t make it into my top teas… just not that big of a fan of grape). Anyhow, I found it to be quite a juice tea – the black base was pretty tame, so the grape was all that I really perceived. And it was a pretty nice, true version of grape, not that bubblegum clone that sometimes is passed off as grape. Overall, happy enough with this, but I’m glad I only have 25g :)

Oh Jingle Bells, you are the perfect grape tea. No artificial taste. No cough syrup. Just sweet grape deliciousness paired with a hint of bubbly champagne. Tasty and festive and certainly a tea that hits the spot when you are seeking out grape. Yum!

Sadly this was the last of the sample from Cameron B. but I’ve still got all of VariaTEA’s sample left to go through. And, I was going to save this for New Years because of the champagne aspect, but I wound up forgetting and didn’t have any champagne themed tea on NYE! Darn it! Instead I rang in the New Year with a totally random tea (which I’ll write about later).

Similarly to last time, this tasted very sweet and candy like. It kept bringing up images of Grape Crush but less artificial/chemical tasting. Same sweetness, though. I found the champagne was maybe a little less present in this cup than in that first one; though I suppose the “bubble” aspect of Champagne may have been part of what was pulling my mind towards soda. Subconsciously, anyway.

Still loved this one; but having had it twice now I can say with some confidence that I want a little more base to be present; it just feels so covered up by the very lush grape flavouring. That’s part of why I could probably keep some of this one and Niagara Ice Wine on hand though; both are very “purple” grape teas but the latter has a more even ratio of flavouring and base.

Cameron B.

Let me know if you want more of this, I have a whole 50g and I doubt I’ll get through it myself. :)

Roswell Strange

Don’t tempt me :P

Kittenna

Haha, I’m not overly fond of it tbh. Too much grape.

Yay! I’m allowing myself to try one of my new Lupicia holiday teas just because I’ve only tried two so far and I’m still so excited for the rest of them. This one is a grape and champagne flavored black tea. The black tea leaves vary a lot, so much so that I think this may be a blend of one or more types. There are teeny tiny flower buds mixed in, I’ve seen them before in Den’s Sakura Sencha I believe? There are also a few scant pieces of dried fruit, it resembles cranberries but who knows for sure. I can also see some tiny little stems with leaves on them, not sure if that’s some foliage from the same plant as the flowers or what. Dry scent is powerful grape soda or candy.

Once the tea is steeped, I can still smell the grape but it’s nowhere near as strong. It still smells very sweet, however. Mine did come out the tiniest bit bitter, but it’s actually not unpleasant, and I’m sure it could be avoided by shortening the steep time to say, 3.5 minutes or so. The black base is unobtrusive and smooth, and I can taste a certain effervescent quality that I attribute to the champagne. The grape flavor is deep and sweet, like grape candies, and there’s a tiny bit of floral at the end of the sip. Overall, I can absolutely see why this one is a holiday tea – it reminds me of drinking sparkling grape juice! :)

Flavors: Candy, Champagne, Grapes, Smooth, Sweet

The Cookie Lady

This is going to be my New Year’s tea :) I think it is so cool how that champagne quality can make it actually feel sparkly on your tongue. I love it!

I love the grape flavor of this tea, and the champagne gives in a brightness that’s really refreshing. I usually buy a few bags when it’s available for a limited time around Christmas.